We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Venice from Bled

Which Bled hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
1 post
Save Topic
Trip to Venice from Bled

While on our honeymoon in Bled in July 2005, we want to visit Venice for a couple of nights. But I have been told that Slovenia will not let you back into the country and the only way to see Venice is to do a day trip!!! Does anybody know any different?

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Venice from Bled

Ehm, excuse me, who says such nonsense? Why should Slovenia not let you back into the country?

Have you ever heard anything of a European Union? Just showing ID-card or Passport (if somebody at the border wants to see it) that's it!

Stjak, Slovenia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Venice from Bled

It was already said that it is nonsense of not being allowed to enter Slovenia after a trip to Venice/Italy, no matter how long the latter is...

But anyway, a nice suggestion for you to travel would be via hydrofoil. "Prince of Venice" cruises from Izola or Piran to Venice several times a week, and it is a very nice, fast and interesting way to get to Venice. To reach the town from the sea is a very romantic and overwhelming experience.

Have a nice stay in Slovenia!

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Venice from Bled

Hi cknight! I cannot comment on your question but I just thought I would write to say that whilst in Bled do visit the castle - cannot recall the name, sorry. But it is perched very, very high and the views from there are absolutely stunning. Go early am to avoid the crowds. Bled is beautiful. Not so far away is Lake Bohinj which you must visit. Best wishes for your wedding!