We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

krvavec snow?

london
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
krvavec snow?

I'm starting to get a bit worried that there isn't any snow in Krvavec. I've booked a couple of days skiing there from 16 dec to 19 dec. Is there anybody out there who is there or might have further info?

Thanks

Nick

Scotland
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: krvavec snow?

Beni,

Great news, is there much snow? Also, I have touring / AT / Randonee skis, are there many opportunities for ski touring in Krvavec? We are heading over on the 28th, for a week. Can't wait!

Cheers,

Tom.

Ljubljana, SI
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: krvavec snow?

Tom,

I'm not a reliable source for such questions. I don't ski. :-(

There's a site in Slovene only where ski centers publishtheir data:

http://www.snezni-telefon.si/

The quantity of snow is in the "sneg" column.

The "obratov." column means when the center is open.

Nobody offers night skiing yet - when available, it will me marked in the "nočna" column.

Krvavec at the moment:

weather: cloudy, snowing, foggy on the top; -3 degrees Celsius

snow: 10 cm fresh watery snow upon up to 30 cm of watery snow.

Not all slopes are open due to lack of snow.

Cheers,

Beni

london
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: krvavec snow?

Hi all

Just got back from Kravec, and it did feel a little pre-season. Weather was awful on Sunday but then the heavens opened, and it didn't stop snowing on Monday ... and they had the snow cannons out all day. I say it felt a bit pre-season because they wouldn 't turn the snow cannons off so the resort was totally enveloped in a blizzard. Not too great for visibility and the slopes were deep in snow which made skiing bumpy and tricky to say the least. Nearly broke my neck a couple of times but I'm not the greatest skier either. Guessing they didn't feel the need to even out the snow for all of five of us in the whole resort skiing! Can't blame them really ... As we left the sun came out so skiing should be pretty good for the weekend (minus the snow cannons hopefully). I stayed at Hotel A-S right on the slope this is a really nice place - very accommodating lot. I'd go back again although Krvavec isn't geared towards the total beginner or weak skier - the person I went with wasn't totally ski-fulfilled.

In hindsight I would't book so early on just to save myself the heartache of worrying whether there would be any snow ... but this has been a bad year by all accounts. Incredibly the Hotel offered to pay my deposit back if I decided not to turn up because there was no snow (and no I don't get any commission for saying this!).

Cheers

Nick

14. Re: krvavec snow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 21, 2009