We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is Krvavec good resort for beginners?

Laindon, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
is Krvavec good resort for beginners?

Hello,

My Hubbie & I would like to try our hand at Skiing. We would love to be in a gorgeous enviroment (similar to Wengen in Switzerland :) ) and it looks like Krvavec is beautiful so that's why I thought this area would be nice. Do you think Krvavec would be suitable? Is there any ski schools in the area (if so do you have nay details, prices ect). I would like to stay in a place that has a fireplace so if anyway has any suggesstions that would be great!

Many thanks

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is Krvavec good resort for beginners?

Hi there.

I would say all resorts in Slovenia cater for beginners but some are better than others. krvavec is good and also Kranjska Gora. Every resort has a ski school but if you can find yourselves a package deal it would possibly be cheaper than doing every aspect yourselves.

rtc-krvavec.si/en/…

http://www.kr-gora.si/en/alpine_skiing

Open fireplaces are not common in Slovenia, but you may find some wood burning stoves.

Ljubljana
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is Krvavec good resort for beginners?

Hi Angelika,

Krvavec is great and has got good ski slopes for beginners. It says they've got 5.5 km of easy slopes which is plenty until you feel brave enough to try the intermediate ones.

Krvavec has a good ski school and the only hotel up on the mountain, Hotel Raj, is great and cosy.

Last year I used The Travel Puzzle who were great and gave me all the info beforehand. They now also have a guide to Krvavec ski resort with videos etc on their site here:

thetravelpuzzle.com/slovenia/ski/resort-krva…

I hope you'll enjoy it too!

3. Re: is Krvavec good resort for beginners?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 23, 2013