We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time Sking

UK
Level Contributor
458 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
First time Sking

I am looking to book our first Ski holiday for next year and Slovenia looks lovely. What I am looking for is a really nice resort 'hopefully that offers ice skating and maybe sleigh rides etc' and offers something to do for a non skier also. Bled looks really nice but so do the others. Can anyone make any suggestions????

Thanks

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time Sking

Bled is fantastic, ive been very lucky to have been doing my skiing here for the past 10 years i think the first time i went we were actually the only british people there!!!!

go earlier in the year for the best conditions no later than the middle of Feb!

It used to pain me to write about slovenia as it was a wonderfully quiet treasure but now becoming very very popular unfortunately the days of amazing prices have gone as they move towards using the Euro

But in bled you can ice skate on the lake, go curling snow shoe walking also you can visit the castle and ring the church bell on bled island for good luck!

There is also tobogganing to have a go at and your a short trip from the capital Ljubljana which is beautiful and well worth a trip!

Personally I can recommend the Hotel Golf it is right in the centre of the new part of Bled with fantastic facilities good swimming pool etc

Grand hotel toplice is a fantastic hotel also however i think maybe a little expensive!

p.s you must try the cream cakes made at the hotel park there amazing and i think they were boasting they have made over 2 million of them now or something like that

any other queries please ask!