We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Farms

Bangor, Me
Level Contributor
9 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist Farms

We are coming to Slovenia in the first week of May and would like to stay in Tourist Farms - 2 nights near Bled and 2 nights near Skocjan. Can anyone make recommendations?

We've heard good things about Mulej, but has anyone stayed at Pri Biscu.

Someone liked Pri Filetu and another hated Dolencevi. Has anyone stayed at Pri Andrejevih, Jenezinovi, Bostjancic-Brce, Skerlj, Petelin-Durcik, Hudicevec or Abram? Please tell me what you thought.

Bob

Watkins Glen, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Farms

I stayed at Hudicevec recently. Good location right off the highway. Lots of hiking nearby. Very friendly staff. Room was okay but nothing special. (Bathroom needed updating.) Free internet. Great value. Nice restaurant on property.

Watkins Glen, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Farms

On the topic of tourist farms in Slovenia, a highlight of our trip was a tourist farm in Trenta - in the Soca valley. Small, family run place but the room was great! It's called Pri Plajerju. It bills itself as a "bio farm" and serves only organic food. Lots of sheep nearby! And great hiking! The accommodation was new and modern. Very spacious. For my wife and I we had our own living room and bedroom. Also cable TV. Great breakfast. Very friendly family who steered us toward a local event in the little town nearby. Highly recommended!

Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Farms

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering how your tourist farm experience went, Bob. I'm planning a trip to Slovenia and think the tourist farms sound like a great idea. Where did you end up staying and what did you think of the places?

Lynne

Slovenia, Ljubljana
Level Contributor
677 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Farms

I would suggest you to visit and sleep and eat at tourist farms all around Slovenia. You can start your research here:

slovenia.info/en/…

or here:

http://www.turisticnekmetije.si/en/

I could recommend you few I been to:

www.sloveniaholidays.com/en/pr-ambruzarju

(35 km from Ljubljana, great views, big playground for children, nice walking to surrounding hills, friendly owners)

www.istenic.si/eng/Page.asp…

Situated in region called BIZELJSKO, which is very famous for wine and unspoiled nature, vineyards all around, close to two spa and water centres (TERME ČATEŽ & TERME OLIMIA + AQUALUNA), they are making sparkling wine.

5. Re: Tourist Farms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, October 01, 2009