We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation - Bled, Ljubljana & Piran

Sydney
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
accommodation - Bled, Ljubljana & Piran

Can anyone recommend good accommodation in Slovenia? Around 60-80 euros per night would be good. Or if anyone can recommend any good websites for accommodation that would be helpful also.

Thanks

manchester
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation - Bled, Ljubljana & Piran

I stayed in slovenia last year, went to Ljubljana (?spelling!) and Piran. It is very difficult to find accommodation in some of the smaller towns, we contacted the tourist office before we went (about 2 days before) and they reserved accommodation for us. Not sure if this would appeal but a lot of people rent apartments through the tourist office, in Piran we rented a beautiful two bed apartment on the water front for about 90 euros (between 4of us). It had a kitchen lounge and balcony that had gorgeous views at sunset, well worth it and much nicer than a hotel!

In Ljublijana make sure you do the tour of the city by night! it costs pennies and leaves from the town hall at something like 5 and 7pm.

I usually book through www.hostelworld.com, they do budget accommodation aswell as youth hostels, very reliable reviews and dependable booking service

Have a wonderful time, all beautiful places!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation - Bled, Ljubljana & Piran

The hostel looks brilliant (more like a boutique hotel)

http://www.souhostel.com/ very arty 20 euros a night

The Hotel dominica is about 90 euros if you use the price checker on this site. It is a wonderfull, hotel.

These are bothy in Ljub.

I would echo the abouve post about smaller towns struggling for accom. we ended up in Koper and paid 120 euros for a very average 3 star hotel. there is a nice hostel that I wanted to stay in in piranas well.

Good luck

Sydney
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation - Bled, Ljubljana & Piran

Thank you both for the advice. I have booked www.souhostel.com, a double room, for Ljubljana; Hotel Max Piran for Piran; and Pension Pletna in Bled. I'll write a follow-up when I return in September.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation - Bled, Ljubljana & Piran

Good luck.

The souhostel was full when I was there but looked great so I await your review/reply.

Have a great time.

Sydney
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation - Bled, Ljubljana & Piran

I can highly recommend all my Slovenian accommodation.

Sou Hostel in Ljubljana is everything a hostel should be. Great food, free internet (one only), comfortable rooms, great showers, laundry facilities, prices. Definitely not the type of hostel I remember from backpacking Europe 10 years ago!

http://www.souhostel.com/

Penzion Pletna in Mlino, Lake Bled, was 55euro/night for a double room. Our room was super comfy and cute with a balcony overlooking Lake Bled & the island. A great breakfast was brought to the room every morning. The website warns that being on the main road to Bohinj, the traffic can be quite noisy. This is true, but I still loved this place. (Cash only)

www.sloveniaholidays.com/sobe-pletna/

Hotel Max Piran in Piran was excellent too. Max is lovely and so is his hotel. The hotel has that simple, romantic style in gorgeous colours, and another great breakfast. In Piran there is very cheap internet at the youth hostel.

www.maxpiran.com

I couldn't have been more impressed with all of the above places.

Fort Walton Beach...
Level Contributor
118 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation - Bled, Ljubljana & Piran

All these suggestions sound great; out of curiosity, how long are your trips? WE're looking at doing a similar itinerary, but have 4 days and may have to fly out of the same airport (Lubj) Suggestions? Comments? Thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodation - Bled, Ljubljana & Piran

SpecialK3,

It really depends what you want to do. I found Ljub and Piran there is not a great deal to do, just pretty places to visit. Ljub has great night life and you can swim in the sea at Piran.

I was not too impressed with Bled town but the surrounds were gorgeous hiking country. Probably more to do here than anywhere else, but if you're under 60 I recommend staying outside of Bled town itself. Mlino is pretty much like an extension of Bled anyway, but not the hordes of retirees. I didn't get to Lake Bohinj but it sounds great.

The coffee in Slovenia is excellent by the way. Living in Africa you appreciate simple things.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accommodation - Bled, Ljubljana & Piran

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

By Chance I am back to Slovenia this week for a poker tournament.

I have managed to book the sou hostel this time and hopefully will be impressed.

Looks like snow though!!