We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warsaw to krakow

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Warsaw to krakow

Hi Looking at train Thursday May 29 to Krakow. When can I book, is PKP Intercity best site to book on and app. how much should it cost per person.

Thank you,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
806 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warsaw to krakow

Bookings start 30 days in advance, the later you leave it the dearer it gets. Should be 107.95 Zloty = about $38 2nd class for EIC trains, which in my opinion are the better trains. You could go first class but I didn't think the extra cost was worth it, 2nd on the EIC is same as first on the cheap trains. PKP Intercity is the correct site to buy from and print ticket at home, but I found that if you start out in English for some unknown reason it keeps giving an error message but if you start out in Polish and once you hit the buy button then change to English site works fine.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warsaw to krakow

Thank you will wait a few more days then and try.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warsaw to krakow

We are planning to travel from Warsaw to Krakow via Czestochowa mid May. Do we need to buy the tickets in advance or can we buy them when we arrive in Warsaw?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warsaw to krakow

We are planning to travel from Warsaw to Krakow via Czestochowa mid May. Do we need to buy the tickets in advance or can we buy them when we arrive in Warsaw?

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Warsaw to krakow

Is there any particular reason why you would like to travel via Częstochowa? There are very few direct trains from Warsaw to Częstochowa (change at Zawiercie or other stations is required) and then almost all trains from Czestochowa to Kraków require a change at Katowice. You do not need to buy the tickets in advance.

Between Warsaw and Czestochowa you may consider a coach

http://www.polskibus.com/en

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Warsaw to krakow

We are visting relatives in Czestochowa. I note that there is one TLK service at 10.38am from Warsaw. Similarly there is a TLK service the next day from Czestochowa to Krakow at 16.47pm. That is why I was enquiring whether I should try to prebook the tickets from here online or do it from Warsaw Centralna.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Warsaw to krakow

Unless there is some major event in Czestochowa/Jasna Gora around your travel date, prebooking is not necessary, but tickets booked more than 14 and 7 days in advance get 15% and 10% discount respectively.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Zakopane, Wroclaw, Poznan, Southern Poland, Northern Poland, Lesser Poland Province
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Warsaw to krakow

Hi,

How much in advance will you be able to buy your tickets ? If you do it on the day of departure you may have no possibility to choose seats etc, so prebooking is a good idea. If you are in Warsaw a few days earlier, I'd buy the tickets at the railway station (btw you can buy these tickets at any station up to 30 days before the departure)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Warsaw to krakow

Thanks for your help.

10. Re: Warsaw to krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw