We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chopin airport to Warsaw

Riga, Latvia
3 posts
Save Topic
Chopin airport to Warsaw

Hello!

My husband and I are arriving at Chopin on a Sunday afternoon and heading to the Sheraton in the city center. I read previous posts about the bus routes being different and confusing on Sundays, so is it best to take a taxi?

Also, is it better to exchange money at the airport or in the city center? I know is Prague the airport currency exchanges give awful rates compared to the places downtown. And if we choose to exchange in the city center, will taxi's accept Euro?

Thanks!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chopin airport to Warsaw

The ZTM website gives route and time information so you can see from the timetable how easy / difficult your journey by bus would be. Taxis are plentiful; "best" will depend if you want the easiest journey or the cheaper one. If going by taxi avoid the taxi touts in and around the terminal as they will rip you off. Taxis wait just outside the terminal. The worst exchange rate will be in the airport. If you have to change money there either use a cash machine (ATM) or just change a small amount. I don't think it would be worthwhile trying to pay a taxi fare in Euro.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chopin airport to Warsaw

Just exchange something small like 15-20 Euro at the airport, that will cover taxi fare easilly and exchange the rest in the city centre. Most taxi drivers will not accept Euro. If they do, the exchange rate will likely be very baaad.

Riga, Latvia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chopin airport to Warsaw

Great thank you! Is there a certain cab company we should look for?

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chopin airport to Warsaw

Yes, these: lotnisko-chopina.pl/en/…taxi

The taxi rank is just outside of the arrivals hall. It is clearly marked. Do not respond to touts in the terminal hall, should there be any.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
14 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chopin airport to Warsaw

And do NOT exchange any money at the airport, it is a rip off, which is really unfortunate. Just take your regular debit card and take cash from ATM. Plus you can also pay with credit card in the taxi.

Puławy
Level Contributor
19 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chopin airport to Warsaw

Just one extra tip: you can always see what are the closest buses when you check out the site jakdojade.pl, check "Warszawa" and then write in your location and your destination. However, I have no idea if it's in English...

7. Re: Chopin airport to Warsaw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw