We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay?

North West England...
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
best place to stay?

As a tourist, are we best staying in old town or new town or somewhere in between? For example, the Malmaison in old town looks good and near touristy places but the Bristol looks between both places and therefore more flexible. The Westin also has some good offers but seems further out. Suggestions welcome!

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to stay?

It doesn't matter that much as even if you stay a little farther away from your area of interest, the public transportation is quite efficient. But if it matters, the Westin is in more of a business-oriented area so if I was you I'd consider between the Bristol and Mamaison Le Regina. I'd say the Bristol has a slightly better location but it is also a little more busy area so it depends on your preferences.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,369 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to stay?

the bristol is about as good as it gets.....high old world charm..you are right there!...the mamaison is at the very end of the touristed area....a very nice hotel in a very quiet area but if you like to get about fast particularly if you want to use public transportation,then not good choice.....the westin just isnt in the running......i like to stay at the polonia palace because it has a fantastic breakfast....and its at the very nexus of all public transportation....nice bar at night....historic building.....cant beat the price.....the hyatt has wonderful american service.....fabulous bathrooms....a bit far out but the bus stops right accross the street and in 5 stops you are there

3. Re: best place to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 17, 2014