We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

poland

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
10 posts
Save Topic
poland

hallo

please answer my Q as soon you read it :)

i am coming to poland 1September 2013 next week, our plan to visit Warsaw 2 days then to Mikołajki for 4 days then karakow for 3 days, Poznan 3 days then back to Warsow to go back to Saudi arabia.

my Q can i go by Train to all thos cityes?

Please answer me & give me the detiles how i can book the train? the name of the station on each city.

and how much it will cost for 14 days in Poland?

for 2Adult + 1 baby 18 month.

Thanks

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: poland

thats alot of back and forth...i dont reccomend that itenerary....i assume you are flying in and out of warsaw.....why mikolajki?...its pretty, but way out of the way....better you go to zakopane in the mountains south of krakow for a taste of nature.....if you can forgo mikolajki try this.....warsaw,krakow,zakopane,wroclaw,poznan,warsaw....its a big circle which you can do by train except to zakopane which is best done by bus

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: poland

thank you alot for your answer

But there is problem now i cant cancell the hotels i book the hotels if i cancell or change the date they will charge me full price spically for Krakow hotel, but my Q: can i go to Zakopane then to Krakow

if it's ok i will canell Mikolajki Becuse this hotel i can canell it until 31 Augest.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease answer me as soon as you can.

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: poland

Hi,

Mikołajki region is worth visiting and staying.

However the journey with so young baby can be tiring.

You should take a train to Giżycko.

The journey takes abt 3 hrs and then take a bus to Mikołajki.

If you decide to include Mikołajki I suggest you to cancel Poznań

and go from Mikołajki to Olsztyn and then by direct train from Olsztyn to Kraków.

The trains have also the compartments for parents with children till 4 years.

Spend some days in Kraków area and if you like make a day trip to Zakopane.

Then return to Warsaw to catch you return flight.

The train from kraków to Warsaw takes abt 3 hrs.

Kind regards

Malgorzata

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: poland

to get to zakopane,you would have to go through krakow and come back through krakow....please rethink your plan as i would hate to see you having to crisscross poland needlessly

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: poland

Train travel from Mikolajki to Krakow takes at least 9.5 hrs with one change in Prabuty or Iława. Krakow - Poznan it's also 7-9 hours on train (time depends on which connection you choose).

I would skip Mikolajki, go from Warsaw to Krakow by train (3.5 hrs), then to Wroclaw by bus (3.5 hrs), then to Poznan by train (4 hrs or less) and from there to Warsaw by train (2.5-3.5 hrs). Allbuses and trains can be booked online.

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: poland

Thanks alot

But i am not happy now :(

Becuse all our hotel if we canell them or change thr date they will charge full price (bad thing) jist Miklojki hotel i can cancell it befor AUgest 31

Now Q: if i cancell Mikolijki where i will go becuse our reservation like that

From: 2-4 SEptember in Warsaw, 4-8 in Mikilojki, 8-11 in Krakow, 11-14 Poznan, 14-16 Warsaw to go back home.

If i cancell Mikilojki where we can go from 4-8 please answer me i want to fix evrything by today

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: poland

sorry but i think you are stuck with your original plan....next time consult trip advisor first...it will save you some head aches.....you will have to take a bus to mikolajki...the restis done by train

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: poland

Go to Wroclaw, it's among the top destinations in Poland, I am sure you would enjoy it. By the way, I also think that 3 nights in Poznan is too much, although it's a nice city. You should seriously consider Zakopane. I can imagine it's totally different to the landscapes you are used to from Saudia Arabia.

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: poland

Oooooh now what i will do?

I feel Sad :(

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: poland

Evrybody diside to cancell Mikoljki

Please if i canell it.. It's batter to stay in Warsaw? Right? This is what i can do it

Because Karakow and Poznan i cant change the resarvasion in the hotel