We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid sim card for internet

6 posts
Save Topic
Prepaid sim card for internet

I'm going Poland for 2 weeks.

I'm plannig on traveling Warsaw and the northern area of Poland.

So I will have to get a prepaid data plan sim card at Warsaw Chopin Airport.

I don't need any call and SMS services. I'm using only data during a trip.

Can I get that one at the airport?

The kiosk in airport have various kinds of sim cards?

And can I top up the sim card at the kiosk also?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prepaid sim card for internet

I got one at the train station (in Gdansk) - it's through "Plus." It was 15zl and included 1GB of data as well as calling and SMS. There are instructions in English on how to top it up as well.

Apologies - I'm not sure about the airport, but I'm guessing they'll have similar options.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,350 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prepaid sim card for internet

woow... are you sure @saint_icky it was 1GB???

In another post in this forum I was asking a similar question as I'm going there in Sep and I was explaining my provider (I live within the EU) is quoting me 0.45€ (say 2zl) per MB on roaming!!! I give it to you, roaming is always more expensive but.... this is it mad: 1GB on roaming would cost me 2000zl... and you're saying this card is only 15zl?

Give me more details please!... which company exactly? bought on the spot? need to show ID?

and... is the 3G network reliable in main cities (Warsaw, Krakow)? I guess you'll say yes but I'm particularly interested in the internet speed -the real one, not the advertised one!

Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prepaid sim card for internet

Plus has good internet options, just go to their brand shop and ask about starter sim cards with cheap internet, they will activate it for you. I think the above mentioned promotion gives you 0,58 GB for 15zl, this is what I read on their website. If this is not enough you can buy another 300 MB for 7zl.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,350 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prepaid sim card for internet

@rocking_pony thanks a lot for the info: I'll definitively get one of those!

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Prepaid sim card for internet

As I know the cheapest way getting mobile internet through GSM network in Poland is to buy "Play na Karte" pre-paid card ("Play" operator) and for 10 zl you receive 1GB for 30 days.

Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prepaid sim card for internet

In Play it's 1GB/14 days/20zł or 300MB/7days/10zł: play.pl/oferta/…19.html

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Prepaid sim card for internet

I have been using different option, more convincing I guess ;-)

www.play.pl/uslugi/nielimitowany-internet/

So again: 10 zl for 1GB of data

Cheers

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
2 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prepaid sim card for internet

I've just came back from 18 days in Poland.

Plus are now offering 1 GB in Pre-Paid for 15 zl. It should have lasted 1 month according to the box, but the internet stopped working after 14 days.

then we switched to Play with their 5 zl for 250 MB offer (for 1 week).

the coverage of Play is much less than Plus and we suffered a lot of lost connection and conflicts with wifi when it's turned on so i would totally recommend taking Plus even if it's a little more expensive the price diff is so minor anyway it's a joke :-)

btw - we've been with Plus in lots of places in Poland (Warsaw, Lodz, Karpacz, Wroclaw, Krakov and Zakopane) and with Play in Zakopane and Warsaw

San Diego...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Prepaid sim card for internet

Where did you get the 1GB for 15 zl sim card? Can it also be used for making phone calls as well? If it can be, what is the rate?

Lake Elsinore...
Level Contributor
421 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prepaid sim card for internet

Where can I purchase a Plus SIM card in the city of Warsaw. We will be arriving very late in the evening at the airport.

Thank you

daisyCalifornia

Get answers to your questions about Warsaw