We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Warsaw to Krakow - Intercity web online booking

mumbai
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Train from Warsaw to Krakow - Intercity web online booking

I am aware that Intercity.pl allows travellers to book train tickets for domestic train journeys within Poland 30days in advance. Apparently, payment can now be made online by credit card & an e-ticket is then emailed to the registered email id once the online payment is made.

I just have few relevant queries for my journey from Warsaw to Krakow......

A] There is an EIC train that departs at 10:05AM & takes 2hrs57mins & a TLK train that departs at 10:50AM & takes 3hrs8mins. Although the journey time difference between EIC & TLK for this route is negligible, the price difference for a first class ticket is considerable, first class seat in TLK is 79Zlts, whereas it is for 140zlts for EIC train .

1.) Why is EIC's ticket costing much much more than the TLK train ticket?

2.) Is there significant difference in between the first class travel comfort that they have to offer, or is the facilities & overall ambience in EIC far superior than that of the TLK train?

3.) Will it really make much difference if I travel in the TLK train instead of EIC, if its just gonna be an approximate 3hour journey or is it worth travelling by first class with EIC, which is nearly 40% more expensive than TLK for this route?

B] We are two passengers travelling together. While making the online booking, although the website allows us to book tickets for 1 to 5 passengers at one time, it accepts only one passenger name, irrrespective of whether i book one or more seats.

1.) Hence, for me & my wife, do i have to make two separate single seat ticket bookings, just to make sure that both our tickets have our fullnames printed on them or can I simply book two seats on a single ticket with just my full name printed on the ticket?

2.) Is it necessary to have every passenger's name printed on the train ticket or just the name of one of the travellers in the group needs to be printed on the main common ticket for the entire group? Cause for every single passenger name to be printed on the ticket, one will have to book & print individual tickets separately for each & every passenger in the group, making it a very cumbersome process.

Any other important information that I need to know before I go ahead & book train tickets & make online credit card payment on the intercity website?

Thank you.

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Warsaw to Krakow - Intercity web online booking

Differences between TLK and EIC trains have been discussed on these forums many times. For this 3-hour journey TLK trains (especially 1st class) are usually just fine.

Here you have some pics:

TLK trains: intercity.pl/en/…

EIC trains: intercity.pl/en/… (single compartment car = seats located more or less like on a plane)

Edited: 11:53 am, July 01, 2013
mumbai
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Warsaw to Krakow - Intercity web online booking

thanks rocking_pony

Is it alright if I book two seats for both me & my wife on one single ticket & with just my name being printed on the ticket? or do I have to book two individual tickets for myself & my wife, just to make sure that both our names can be printed on the ticket?

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Warsaw to Krakow - Intercity web online booking

Your name is enough, you don't have to book two individual tickets - one reservation for 2 seats with just your name is enough so no worries. Just remember to have your e-ticket printed or available on your phone or any other mobile device so you can show it to a conductor. You have to have your passport with you also.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
338 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Warsaw to Krakow - Intercity web online booking

The difference between EIC and TLK may be the air conditioning - many TLK trains still don't have this feature. This may be quite important in summer time. EIC trains are also usually newer. But it does happen sometimes that the TLK 1st class car looks the same as. EIC...

North Carolina
Level Contributor
384 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Warsaw to Krakow - Intercity web online booking

Hello,

I tried the polish website in english. "Page not found" when I clicked on any of the above links. Anyone with any luck? Best to get tickets now rather than standing in line?

Thank you for your help...

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Warsaw to Krakow - Intercity web online booking

Check again later, for some reason the foreign versions of the intercity website disappear occasionally.

7. Re: Train from Warsaw to Krakow - Intercity web online booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:41 am, March 23, 2015