We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fixe prix lunch menu in warsaw

rishon le zion...
Level Contributor
54 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
fixe prix lunch menu in warsaw

can somebody recomend a restaurant with fixe prix lunch at week days

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fixe prix lunch menu in warsaw

What exactly do you mean? A buffet style restaurant? Or an all- inclusive package (i.e. starter, soup, main dish, desert for one price)? Actually, there are no flexible prices, all prices are fixed and listed in the menue.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fixe prix lunch menu in warsaw

now that you mention it, i cant remember ever seeing a fixe prix menu in warsaw....you might try the french restaurants...most restaurants price wise are so reasonable,maybe theres just no need for it

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
338 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fixe prix lunch menu in warsaw

There are lots of fixe prix lunch places in Warsaw, during lunch hours, in the city centre close to office buildings.

My favorite is the last one listed:

WIKING self service restaurant ofers lunch menu for 15 PLN consisting of soup, second course (traditional polish food) and drink (kompot - fruit drink). You have to come early though, cause around 2 pm the cheap lunch is usually gone. I do not recommend WIKING for food different than the lunch menu (too expensive, a rip off actually).

Hard Rock Cafe at the Złote Tarasy (entrance from outside) offers lunch menu until 4 pm: costs 29 PLN for choice of second course, first course or dessert and drink.

Hard to list all other places at Złote Tarasy which offer lunch menus.

Pizza Marzano at Świętokrzyska street offers lunch menus 19.90 PLN i think was the price or maybe 25, dont remember: First course, pizza or some other dish and drink (this place is close to the main post office, on the opposite side of the street)

Street restaurant at close to Rondo ONZ (Deloitte House) also has fixed prix lunch menus, dont remember the price.

My personal favorite for fixed prix lunch is RESTRO located at Pańska street (check website www.restro.pl and click on KONTAKT for more precise location on google maps - it is close to Rondo ONZ). Really good food. Just keep in mind that this place may be crowded and sometimes you have to wait for the table. Prices for two course lunch, no drink are between ca. 21 - 28 PLN

You also may wanna try some places with no fixed prix, which are typical lunch places so the prices arent too high. For example, the Charlies Food and Friends on the groung floor of RONDO ONZ 1 office building. Self service, you take what you want and pay 5.90 PLN for 100 gramms (large size lunch with soup shoudl cost around 30 - 35 PLN). Good fresh food (if you come early and wanna join the queue...).

Warsaw
Level Contributor
179 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fixe prix lunch menu in warsaw

Shlomit6, pretty much every restaurant has a fixe prix lunch menu, even in the most unbusinesslike areas, so do specify where you want to have your lunch (geographically) to get more precise advice. Close to your hotel, a tourist attraction or a specific point on your itinerary?

rishon le zion...
Level Contributor
54 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fixe prix lunch menu in warsaw

intercontintal warsaw will be the hotel I am staying in.

rishon le zion...
Level Contributor
54 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fixe prix lunch menu in warsaw

thank you very much for the helpful information.

Warsaw
Level Contributor
179 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fixe prix lunch menu in warsaw

I am not sure if Vapiano has fixe prix lunches, but the Vapiano in Emilii Plater street, right in front of the Marriott Hotel, is a pretty nice place for a chain restaurant, inside an exquisitly converted historic building. Cuisine is usual Vapiano, if you know the chain.

Alternatively, a bit of a walk away, Socjal in Foksal Street (right next to Nowy Świat) has never disappointed me culinarily. They have a nice dining concept (you sit at a long table with all the other guests and everything is simply and freshly prepared), and they advertise a fixe prix lunch of soup + main course on Facebook. I have only been there on evenings, but can recommend the place thoroughly.

Please note neither is really cheap, but I have a long list of places that feed you cheap fixe prix lunches around Hotel Intercontinental (Warsaw's CBD) that I would NOT recommend. They are second-class eateries with warmed-over food and awful service.

Edited: 12:17 pm, March 15, 2013
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
338 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fixe prix lunch menu in warsaw

The ones I mentioned will be close to your hotel:-)

9. Re: fixe prix lunch menu in warsaw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 18, 2014