We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - about transfer from Moldin Airport to Chopin Airport

Cambridge
Level Contributor
230 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Help - about transfer from Moldin Airport to Chopin Airport

Oh dear I booked two nights hotels at Holiday Inn Express Airport Hotel because I arrive late. I only realised that I actually land Moldin Airport!!! May I know, what is the easiest and how much to transfer from Moldin Airport to Chopin Airport (which the Holiday Inn is nearby?), many thanks.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - about transfer from Moldin Airport to Chopin Airport

I believe there is a shuttle to Modlin station, then a train via Warsawa Centralna to Chopin. I found a timetable to September here rynek-kolejowy.pl/foto/…20LOTNISKOWE.pdf but you may be better olff checking the site http://www.mazowieckie.com.pl/ which has a search

Cambridge
Level Contributor
230 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - about transfer from Moldin Airport to Chopin Airport

Oh dear no direct bus or train connecting 2 airports? How much is a trip by taxi? Thanks.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - about transfer from Moldin Airport to Chopin Airport

There is a train link between both airports but is not very frequent and irrelevant at the moment - Modlin Airport has been closed due to runaway problems and all flights redirected to Chopin Airport (WAW). Check the status of your flight.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - about transfer from Moldin Airport to Chopin Airport

When is your flight as Ozzlem advises there are runway problems at Modlin and (some) flights diverted to Okecie. I read that only small planes can land at Modlin but not sure about the definition of "small". There is a current thread that may be of interest (Modlin airport). Your luck may be in. Time to buy some lottery tickets maybe?

Cambridge
Level Contributor
230 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - about transfer from Moldin Airport to Chopin Airport

I can't believe that I am so lucky, ryanair just sent me an email, we will land at Chopin Airport! Thank you everyone, merry Xmas to all of you!

Edited: 12:09 pm, December 23, 2012
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - about transfer from Moldin Airport to Chopin Airport

Apparently you are not the only one delighted with the situation. Isn't it funny how a few cracks in the runway can cause happiness? Merry Christmas!

HUDDINGE
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Help - about transfer from Moldin Airport to Chopin Airport

There are no flights to and from Modlin Airport 22 december 2012 to 8 january 2013, Modlin Airport is closed during above period due to runway repairs, all flights arrivals and departure directed to Warsaw Chopin Airport.

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Help - about transfer from Moldin Airport to Chopin Airport

piease could someone tell me iff taxi is the best transfer to mercure grand hotel...flying into modlin 10am jan 28th thanks jan

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help - about transfer from Moldin Airport to Chopin Airport

The best yes, but not the cheapest. Transport on "Globtaxi" costs 99 PLN on working days, other taxi companies charge 130-150 PLN.

Alternatively, you can take a train from Modlin station (shuttle bus from the terminal) to Warsaw Central station (12 PLN) from where it's a 15 min walk or a short taxi/tram/bus ride. There are also buses operating from Modlin airport to the city center for about 35 PLN (Modlinbus).

10. Re: Help - about transfer from Moldin Airport to Chopin Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 05, 2014