We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Warsaw

Velika Gorica...
Level Contributor
18 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Warsaw

Hi,

I'm looking for some suggestions about where to spend one day out of Warsaw during my stay there.

As an UNESCO World Heritage Site, Torun is my first choice, any other suggestions?

Ferdo

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Warsaw

There is a similar topic just a few threads below.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274856-i1119-k596…

Velika Gorica...
Level Contributor
18 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Warsaw

Thanks, somehow I didn't see that. :)

Ferdo

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Warsaw

Hi,

Toruń is worth visit.

Consider Łódź and on the way Żelazowa Wola, the place of birth of Fryderyk Chopin.

Kind regards

Malgorzata

Velika Gorica...
Level Contributor
18 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from Warsaw

Thanks Malgorzata! Torun it is :)

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip from Warsaw

Malgorzata, Is Żelazowa Wola now worth visiting? When we were there a few years ago there was almost nothing in the house - a piano and some small 1960's paintings. The park was very nice though.

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip from Warsaw

Hi,

TonyinUK.

The place is the most important.

As far as I remember I could see some manuscripts, facsimile of some documents, drawings made by Fryderyk when he was a child etc.

The exposure was not very, very reach but I could feel the atmosphere of the place during those days.

The parents of Chopin weren't reach so I didn't expect the sophisticated furnitures and interiors.

I saw where young Fryderyk was born, played his first pieces of music, ate and walked with his mother and sisters.

Kind regards

Malgorzata

Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip from Warsaw

I think Żelazowa Wola is worth a visit if someone is a great history fan or/and Chopin fan. If someone is interested in his life and work then he/she will be thrilled seeing all those authentic objects from his childhood. But I don't think it will be interesting for "regular" tourists who aren't that much into music or history...

8. Re: Day trip from Warsaw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw