We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to Modlin airport

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
getting to Modlin airport

Hi

I am flying back tomorrow (late) from Modlin airport what is the best way to get there from the center of warsaw

am I best getting a bus train or waht

Also to I need to pay for the suttle from Modlin train station to the airport

thanks

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to Modlin airport

You have 2 public transport options: bus and train.

http://www.modlinbus.com/

The train operates from several stations, most frequently from Warszawa Gdańska (north of the city center; accessible by metro) but also from Warszawa Centralna (main station in the city center) and neighbouring commuter station Warszawa Śródmieście (main entrance at the square in front of Palace of Culture; it's also linked with the main station). It takes about 45 min on train to Modlin station from where you have to change to a shuttle bus which runs every 20 min. The bus ride from Modlin station to the airport takes about 5 to 10 min. The fare for the train including the shuttle bus is 12 PLN. By bus, it takes about 1 hour, depending on traffic (25-33 PLN).

Train connections: http://rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en?

If you need more detailed information, please browse on Warsaw forum. There has been so much information in recent weeks.

Larvik, Norway
Level Contributor
398 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to Modlin airport

Do you have any idea what the price for a taxi from Modlin airport to the city center will be?

Are there taxi's outside the airport or do you have to call them and order?

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to Modlin airport

"Globe taxi" offers transport to the city center for 99 PLN (128 PLN on weekends or after 10pm). There are probably also other taxi companies but their prices might be higher. I have been to this airport only once but if I remember well there were some taxis available.

If someone approaches you in the arrival hall and offers taxi service or other transport to Warsaw city center, ignore it. These people overcharge.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to Modlin airport

inyourpocket.com/poland/warsaw/travel-info/A…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to Modlin airport

Thanks for your replies

In the end I took the train

I could not find the bus at all. The bus would have done me better in terms of time as I had 2 hours to kill in Moldin airport and well there aint a lot there to keep one entertained.

I dont know how long the airport can stay in business with only two shops and two airlines using it

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting to Modlin airport

The bus stop is located just outside the terminal, it's really easy to find. Perhaps the bus did not operate on that day for some reasons, otherwise you would have surely found it.

More cafes and shops should be opened in the next months. Also the number of airlines should increase and charter airlines which operate from the main airport right now should move to Modlin. The low number of airlines have little to do with the airport's rentability, there are several airports in Europe where Ryanair has a share of 90% of all flights or even more (Frankfurt Hahn, Stockholm Skavsta etc) and these airports are also cost- effective.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: getting to Modlin airport

I couldnt find the bus going from warsaw central to the airport

The airport is fine and have been in worst

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: getting to Modlin airport

The bus stop is on the parking lot on al. Jerozolimskie behind the main station when going westbound. But I agree it's not so easy to find.

9. Re: getting to Modlin airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 14, 2013