We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I get a sim card?

Which Warsaw hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I get a sim card?

Will be spending 2 weeks in Poland (Warsaw and Krakow) for holiday, want to get a sim card for my 3G phone.

I read some posts that say newsagency have them.

Do they sell sim cards that have English menu/dialogue so I can work out how to top up the prepaid value, and gives internet access.

How do i know which one has English menu/has internet? Could anyone recommend any particular sim cards/networks?

Thanks.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I get a sim card?

Hi,

Yes, you can get a SIM card from pretty much any kiosk/news agent, but not only. As far as I know, all of the companies that sell SIM cards also include a manual in English.

I can recommend Heyah and Play, I used both and was happy with what I got. I know that Play sells a few different kinds of SIMs, depending on what primarily you'll use it for (calling/texting/internet); it can be pretty cheap then.

Warsaw, Poland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I get a sim card?

Play Network is the best choice for 3G phone. It is cheapest, offers decent hsdpa+ speeds, it's less congested then other networks and has a roaming options (when out of its own network) which won't cost you a penny! Just log on to other networks (Plus or Orange) and use the internet as you were in Play. All needed info here: http://www.play.pl/en/

3. Re: Where can I get a sim card?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 12, 2013