We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 hours in Warsaw on December 23rd.. help?

Denver, Colorado
1 post
8 hours in Warsaw on December 23rd.. help?

Hi Everyone,

I will be in Warsaw on December 23rd for 8 hours (between flights) and would like to see something of your city. I think the best thing for me to do would be a guided tour that leaves from the airport (if such a thing exists) and takes me around town for a few hours.

Does anyone know if such a tour exists? Should I book it ahead of time or try and wing it from the airport (in case the flight in is late)? I won't have a phone with me, and this will be my first time in Poland so I'd like to play it safe.

Thanks in advance.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: 8 hours in Warsaw on December 23rd.. help?

I have never heard of any guided tours starting at the airport. You could contact some tour operators which will pick you up at the airport and show you the city. I cannot recommend any but there are lots of suggestions here on Tripadvisor (Travel guide and Things to do).

Warsaw has good public transport is is quite compact so you could actually do it on your own....

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
126 reviews
2. Re: 8 hours in Warsaw on December 23rd.. help?

I'd get a bus [175] or a taxi from the airport to the Old Town and have a walk around. If taxi avoid the touts in the terminal. The taxis are just outside. The Old Town is "compact" so easy to walk around yourself. The Royal Castle is there if you want to do something inside.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: 8 hours in Warsaw on December 23rd.. help?

There are no city tours for larger groups that begin at the airport but it is possible to have a private tour; there are several companies that offer these. Such tours you should definitely book in advance. Then it shouldn't be a problem for the guide to pick you up from the airport. The airport is only 25 minutes away from the city centre by public bus.

Have a look at these:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g274856-…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g274856-…

Otherwise, you can just wander around the city by yourself. The old town is rather easy to navigate around, but also the public transportation system is decent enough to go to places in different parts of the city.

Is there anything specific that you have an interest in? Museums, culture, historical buildings, dining, or anything else? Then it would be easier to give you an advice on something particular.

4. Re: 8 hours in Warsaw on December 23rd.. help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, December 20, 2011
5. Re: 8 hours in Warsaw on December 23rd.. help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw