We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is left of the "Russian market"?

Sweden
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How much is left of the "Russian market"?

Hi,

I'm going to Warsaw this upcoming weekend, sept 22-23, and wonder how much there is left of the "russian market" at the stadium. I know it was meant to close down earlier this summer, but that some vendors kept returning anyway.

Matt

Wroclaw
Level Contributor
245 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How much is left of the "Russian market"?

I think its still there, they haven't started building a new stadium but I may be wrong because im not from warsaw:).

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
333 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much is left of the "Russian market"?

Last time I visited it was in Januari and it was still open....... Maybe you could try to contact one of the concierges from the Interconti, Marriott or Hilton?

new york
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much is left of the "Russian market"?

The market is not what it used to be. You will find a couple of men selling old russian army stuff. The market is mostly Africans selling socks, cheap tshirts, soap and such. If you want some nice old Russian stuff as well as some very interesting antiques go to the Kolo market. Ask at your hotel, the name of the market is pronnounce KOWO but my keyboard does not have the polish l on it. the market is on sunday morning only.

USA
Level Contributor
359 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much is left of the "Russian market"?

The last official day for the Jarmark Europa at the stadium is this coming Sunday, September 30.

5. Re: How much is left of the "Russian market"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw