We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Taxi theft me and did not let me leave the car!!

limassol
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
A Taxi theft me and did not let me leave the car!!

He asked me to pay him 560 zloty (he said that this was 180 in euro) without giving me a receipt.

Wf4747e These are the registration numbers of the taxi. A red taxi.

When I went to Warsaw Central station and ask him as a foreigner for the S2 train line, this Sunday at 08 :15 in the morning he told me to take me to Chopina airport without telling me about the price. My flight was A3861 Aegean, to Athens and then Larnaka. When I was shocked when he told me how much he wanted he was threatening me loudly to give him the money. His behavior was such as not allowing me to leave his car or he would not give me my luggage which was at the back of the car. When i was threatened to give him all the money in Euros and zloty I had he opened door, gave me the luggage and did not give me a receipt.

If the Police does not find him I will go back to find him!!

Edited: 12:35 am, October 09, 2017
7 replies to this topic
Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
4,747 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Taxi theft me and did not let me leave the car!!

So, did you reported this robbery to police already?

limassol
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Taxi theft me and did not let me leave the car!!

I sent email and I called them yesterday evening. I hope they will correspond.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Taxi theft me and did not let me leave the car!!

You have been the victim of a "Pirate". The only taxis people should use in Warsaw are those that have the company name and telephone number clearly marked on the car. Genuine taxis will have a meter (that works). You may / will have to write off your money. No doubt the vehicle is driven by a number of people and of course the registered owner will no doubt claim "it wasn't in Warsaw at that time"

Poland
Level Contributor
2,804 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Taxi theft me and did not let me leave the car!!

The police is unlikely to act without a formal report and that's why such thiefs target visitors going to the airport, as they have no time to file a report before their flight leaves.

Anyway, it's good that you reported it at least unofficially, so the car and the registration numbers are known to the police. You can also raise it to the attention of municipal authorities by reporting it on this website:

https:/…zgloszenie-awarii-lub-interwencji

Sometimes they do crack down on illegal pseudo-taxi drivers, so such information may be helpful to them.

My opinion is that such crimes need to be reported even if the chances of recovering your money are very slim. At least that creates some pressure on the authorities to act.

limassol
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Taxi theft me and did not let me leave the car!!

I will tomorrow report it to the Cyprus Police Officially to send it in Warsaw Police for investigation.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Taxi theft me and did not let me leave the car!!

How did that go? If Cyprus police doesn't help, let us know here. I will advise you on how to report it by e-mail. Polish police is required by law to investigate it, they may need to see you in person at one point though. ;P

limassol
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A Taxi theft me and did not let me leave the car!!

I reported the incident to the Cyprus Police. I gave statement officially for transmission via Interpol to the Warsaw Police. I also sent via email the same statement to the Polish Police and I received email from them that they are proceeding. Maybe it is needed to go there. I will see. But it is important that the Polish Police showed interest and answered me back officially.

Reply to: A Taxi theft me and did not let me leave the car!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw