We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest hotels in Poznan

San Diego...
Level Contributor
148 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest hotels in Poznan

What are the nicest hotels to stay at in Poznan that would put us close to everything we'd probably want to see?

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Poznan, Ljubljana
Level Contributor
224 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest hotels in Poznan

Hi Travelatthesea,

Depending on what do you like and what climate you're preferring, but I'm sure you can find something adequate for you. From a "middle-in-the-city" Brovaria hotel, through quiet but still in the city centre "Royal", up to "Vivaldi" - close to the centre but in a calm residential area.

Feel free to ask, best regards

VooVeek

San Diego...
Level Contributor
148 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest hotels in Poznan

Thank you, I prefer a 4 or 5 star hotel that is new or recently renovated or at least doesnt have that old musty smell that soem hotels have. I'd like to be able to walk to the main sites, shopping, dining, etc. What is the Old Market and the International Fair? Also, we will be traveling by train so somewhere that is easy to get to and from the train station would be good. Itd doesn't necessarily have to be walking distance, but a close taxi ride is fine. Thank you for any suggestions.

I looked at Brovaria which looks nice.

What is your feedback on the following:

Sheraton

Mercure

IBB Andersia Hotel

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest hotels in Poznan

the brovaria is right on the square....so it doesnt get better than that...its maybe 5 years old....no elevator so dont get stuck on the top floor.....rooms are smallish but nice.....big plus if you like beer since it has its own brewery on the 2ond floor.....half the rooms overlook the charming square...the other hotels are outside the old town area....poznan has great public transportation....so if you want stay a bit out in one of the newer hotels, just make sure its near the trams

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Poznan, Ljubljana
Level Contributor
224 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicest hotels in Poznan

Because you said "nice hotels" I didn't think about big network hotels, but here you are:

Sheraton - not bad, quite in the centre, but... currently also in the centre of big road works. A really huge construction works nearby so quite difficult to go to the city centre.

Mercure - the same (100 meters from Sheraton) but with better view for construction works (if you like it).

IBB Andersia Hotel - good point, no construction works, close to most of tourist attractions (Old Brewery Mall, Old Market Sqr., etc.)

Best

VooVeek

Edited: 3:36 am, June 11, 2013
San Diego...
Level Contributor
148 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nicest hotels in Poznan

Thank you Casey and Voo Veek for your reply. Ok, a couple more quick questions:

1. When you say the Sheraton would be quiet difficult to get to the city center, do you mean even by train or tram? We won't have a car so we will be relying on public transport.

2. Do you think this extra construction will make the Sheraton or Mercure noisy?

3. Any feedback on Hotel Royal (location, etc.)?

4. Will all of these be fairly easy to get to from the main train station?

So I am considering Brovaria, Hotel Royal, Mercure or Sheraton. IBB is sold out.

Thanks again for your feedback I appreciate it.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
148 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nicest hotels in Poznan

Scratch Hotel Royal

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nicest hotels in Poznan

We've stayed at the Sheraton quite a few times. It's a steady walk into the city, but a great way to see it! We haven't seen the roadworks, but there were plenty of tram stops outside the Hotel. It's clean and modern and we had delicious steaks in Someplace Else, in fact the best in a long time!

Novotel is central too and price is lower there.

Brovaria is a great place to try the local lagers (as has been said), we got brought out three different ones on a piece of wood.

8. Re: Nicest hotels in Poznan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Poznan