We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol food prices

Which Poznan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
9 posts
Save Topic
Alcohol food prices

I am just wondering what the price of alcohol will be in Poznan and gdansk for euro 2012?? Will the prices be rocketed up for the tournament??

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Alcohol food prices

ok thanks [again!] for the info.

tickets? i wont lie, we aren't overly worried/bothered about these : )

one more query for you,if you dont mind;

We are crossing the border, in our campervan, into poland at frankfurt (Oder) and will be travelling the main road to Poznan

When we are near Poznan what is the best way to come into the city to access our campsite? Can we avoid going through the city centre?

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Alcohol food prices

You can avoid the city center, but if you get here in rush hours, you will get stuck in this or another area ;)

The best way would be to use roads that don't yet appear on the likes of Google Maps or ViaMichelin... (it takes them months or years to update even major motorways).

Anyway, the border crossing in Frankfurt has been directly connected with Poznan by the toll A2 motorway (roughly 160-170kms). I strongly recommend NOT to use the national road 92 nearby - takes much longer and the traffic can be mad (i.e. not very safe).

Once you get near Poznan you should then take an exit that is yet to be opened next weekend - the name should be sth like Poznan Zachod (Poznan west) and should also direct to the airport (Poznan Lawica), but I don't know what the exact names will be. It will follow the Buk exit. The road will be called S11 and only go in one direction, so you can't go wrong :).

You should go to the very end of this S11 stage (it ends up at the crossing with national road no. 92), take an exit towards Poznan (there MIGHT be a weird forced U-turn as the junction isn't fully operational yet).

I have drafted the remaining part on Google Maps:

A - this is where you will roughly enter the 92 road

B - this is where I think (99%) the entrance to the camping village will be located (not sure though!)

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Pozna%C5%84ska&daddr=52.4216423,16.8715403+to:52.4238255,16.9138948+to:Unknown+road&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=52.430112,16.741104&spn=0.042495,0.077162&sll=52.426134,16.918259&sspn=0.021249,0.038581&geocode=FYgxIAMdvoL_AA%3BFQrkHwMddHABASn53E85kkQERzE38yOAuGxd9w%3BFZHsHwMd5hUCASnvT3u8rUQERzEjFnLiU-b2ww%3BFX_0HwMdCjICAQ&oq=Pozna%C5%84,+Ksi%C4%99cia&mra=dvme&mrsp=2&sz=15&via=1,2&t=m&z=14

In general, at the first major Y-junction in Poznan (2 lanes left, 2 lanes right) follow Poznan Centrum (NOT Wrzesnia / Pila / Bydgoszcz!), then go straight / left towards Pila / Bydgoszcz, then take an exit right up on to Wojska Polskiego street (likely white local direction sign towards Solacz) and you're nearly there.

That's the route I would personally take - but it could be actually much more pain to follow these instructions than just using any GPS navigation system once you exit the motorway :) It will somehow lead you near to where you want to go in the end, maybe with just a few more adventures ;)

Anyway, don't get into too detailed planning, just enjoy yourselves! (if you guys need anything else though - do shout).

Cheers,

B&L

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Alcohol food prices

B&L i owe you a pint! Brilliant stuff, but, believe it or not, I have some more questions : )

getting to gdansk from poznan. is there regualr buses/trains? how much would a return normally cost on each? how long does it normally take?

and finally, can you drink on public transport?!

many thanks

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Alcohol food prices

derrycitybhoy, there more or less 7 trains a day, I believe (takes between 3.5 - 4 hours). You can check prices here: https://bilet.intercity.pl/irez/?lang=EN (unfortunately, for some strange reason you need to register first and only toward the end you get to see the price). There will also be special trains on the 10th, 14th and 17th of June.

There are also flights, OLT Express flies 12 times weekly (prices start at 99PLN, flight time: circa 45 minutes). There is also the new EuroLOT connection that started today. It has a much lower frequency, but hey, maybe the dates will suit you. Prices also start at 99PLN and tickets for this price are still available for June.

It is illegal to drink on public transportation, just like it is illegal to drink in public places in Poland. It doesn't mean people don't do it. The only exception is drinks served in dining wagons on trains, if you buy your drinks there, you can consume them on the spot (technically, you can't bring them to your compartment). It doesn't apply to drink purchased outside of the train. Not all trains have dining wagons.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Alcohol food prices

thanks pawel. will register and check it out later, though i am unsure how well i will be able to operate the site, as, for example it gives 3 different stations for poznan, and 3 for gdansk.

drinking? just as i thought. i think we will bring drink, and ask questions later : )

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Alcohol food prices

I wouldn't mind a pint ;) just still unsure if I'll be home for the tournament - have been biz-travelling quite a bit recently.

You don't really need to register - depending on the train type, a one-way fare will vary between approx. 40 to 100 PLN for 2nd class, and 1st is just slightly better (I only take it when I expect massive crowds in 2nd). Most trains don't require seat reservations, meaning you will most likely get tickets easily, but seats are not guaranteed ;)

The stations to look at are Poznan Glowny ("main") and Gdansk Glowny - all trains to Gdansk actually go further up north via Sopot to Gdynia Glowna - this may be useful depending on where in 3-City you are staying.

For a schedule of all train connections, including those operated by PKP PR (regional routes, but also serving some inter-city distances - less comfy and slower, but very cheap), check http://rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en?

Anyway, you won't be the only group interested in POZ-GDA-POZ trips, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of info available (and "cosy crowds" on whatever means of transport you choose ;) ).

Edited: 8:30 am, June 01, 2012
17. Re: Alcohol food prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Poznan
Recent Conversations