We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tower to climb?

Which Poznan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
744 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Tower to climb?

Hi,

Is there a tower in Poznan that one can climb to get a view of the city from above? Or anything else (a cafe/restaurant) for the same purpose?

Thank you.

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tower to climb?

That's gonna be the 18th floor of Collegium Altum, a red-painted old-fashioned 100m+ high skyscraper at Powstańców Wielkopolskich 16 Street within the downtown (observation deck)

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
744 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tower to climb?

Thanks for your reply. :)

is it open for visitors? I understand it is a university building?

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
744 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tower to climb?

If it is open to public, can anyone tell me the opening times?

Thanks.

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tower to climb?

Ooops, sorry, seems it is already closed bcs the city didn't want to fund it any more. Was open at ancient times when I was still a student.

You can however try the main entrance and take one of the three elevators climbing up to 17th or 18th floor to see the view from one of the side windows on the corridors of the university

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Poznan, Ljubljana
Level Contributor
204 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tower to climb?

Hi damsca!

Unfortunately the Colegium Altum (the name of our University skyscraper) is not open for public. You may use elevators, cause they are open for students, but at nearly all floors the doors block access to external views (I'm working there so I know :) ).

In fact in Poznan there is no bird's eye view platform. There is a tower near Poznan at Dziewicza Góra (a hill nearby) where you may find a tower with beautiful view, but it is accessible only during the summer time.

best regards

VooVeek

6. Re: Tower to climb?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, October 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Poznan