We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarrets

Which Poznan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waterford
9 posts
Save Topic
Cigarrets

coming to Poznan and as far as I know I can bring back nearly 3000 cigs.So could someone tell me what the going rate for 20 or 200 cigs is and I stock up instead of been ripped off at home.Any and all advise welcome.Cant wait to get to Poznan.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigarrets

Should cost about 10 Zloty for 20. You can apparently bring back [to UK] 3200 although British brands are a bit thin on the ground

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigarrets

I'm not a smoker, but as far as I know:

- prices in shops are somewhat regulated - don't know exactly, but I found some little expensive convenience stores not to allow credit cards for cigarettes, as they didn't have such a horrendous profit margin on them as on any other item in-store :) So that's some good news for you - just avoid buying in pubs (BTW, there's been a smoking ban in place for a few months now - but unfortunately you can still find some places where they don't bother to stick to it)

- some cigarettes here are of poorer quality than in western Europe - same brand, different stuff - they're genuine, but that's the way marketing/pricing works for many products across the globe... I suggest you give your faves a try first and then decide whether to buy a bigger stock.

Hope it helps.

Rgds,

B&L

Waterford
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigarrets

Thanks for the heads up

West Midlands
Level Contributor
135 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigarrets

The only brand I've ever seen in Poland that we have here is Marlboro and Marlboro lights. They usual work out at around £26-27 a sleeve and the prices are the same no matter where you buy them.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigarrets

A year ago gifts of L&M went down well but other brands less so

West Midlands
Level Contributor
135 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigarrets

A packet of Marlboro (inc lights or menthol) costs 11.80 zlotys (118 zlotys a sleeve) and there are just over 5 zlotys to the £ at today's rate. (08.10.11)

Other brands available are Chesterfields, L&M, Lucky Strike and a few others which I can't remember.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigarrets

NB the limit is only 800 from anywhere in the EU to the UK now. Not sure about Ireland.

Edited: 8:34 am, October 09, 2011
West Midlands
Level Contributor
135 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigarrets

really? I hadn't heard about that. Need to investigate I think.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigarrets

hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/arrivingeu.htm

new rules from 1st October. It is not the limit, but it is the threshold at which they start to grill you (as with the previous 3200)

Edited: 12:15 pm, October 09, 2011
10. Re: Cigarrets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Poznan
Recent Conversations