We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wroclaw during Easter!!!

Which Wroclaw hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
County Kerry...
Level Contributor
5 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Wroclaw during Easter!!!

Hi there!!!

I'm going to Wroclaw with my girlfriend from Thursday 17th April, leaving Sunday afternoon 20th April. I have been reading some forums across the internet and have seen different reports as to what it is like during this time.

We're not looking for crazy busy pubs and clubs, but would like to have the option of a few pubs with people that aren't totally empty and to have some restaurants open. Also, a few tourist sites around the old town (where we are staying) to view. will there be any markets open on the Saturday as well as shopping centres etc?

Really looking forward to our visit as we've both heard great things!!!!

Thanks!

Edited: 4:27 am, April 01, 2014
Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wroclaw during Easter!!!

Hi.

It's hard to tell which restaurants and bars/pubs will be open during Easter and even harder to predict which of them will get more guests... So I guess you will have to walk around a bit and choose what you like. But you won't be hungry, no worries. Just remember to buy some souvenirs etc. before Saturday afternoon.

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wroclaw during Easter!!!

On Thursday all restaurants, pubs and shops should be open as usual, on Friday they will also be open but definitely calmer as students will be out of the city. I don't know which "touristy" places are you interested in but the Panorama Racławicka (The Racławice Battle Panorama) and the National Museum will be closed from Friday to Monday (on Thursday both open to 5 pm).

County Kerry...
Level Contributor
5 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wroclaw during Easter!!!

Thank you for replying to my post! I saw your earlier contributions and you definitely know your stuff!!!

With regards to 'Touristy' sites, we're basically very happy to just walk around and see the old town but I saw a review from 2011 where the person said every single shop/market/pub/tourist site was shut down and that made me rethink coming to Wroclaw for the Easter break! Could you tell me if there are any markets open on Friday or Saturday and will Friday and Saturday nights be extremely quiet?! I would hate to arrive and see Wroclaw like a Ghost town!!!!

Thanks again for your help!!!

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wroclaw during Easter!!!

If the weather is nice then it won't look like ghost town - people will go for a walk and on Saturday they will do last shopping and go to churches to bless the food. It's a nice ceremony, you can attend it too, very short - takes only 15 minutes ;)

When it comes to shops they will be all shut down on Sunday and Monday, except small family-owned groceries and gas stations. On Saturday afternoon most of the shops will be closed too. Some pubs may be open but I wouldn't expect to find many of them... To tell the truth - if you like to see how vibrant Wroclaw can be then come some other time...

County Kerry...
Level Contributor
5 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wroclaw during Easter!!!

It is a pity that it won't be as vibrant as other times, but good to hear that it won't be like a ghost town by any means! Had contact from a friend of friend who lives in Wroclaw and she said there's still some good life about the place, especially in the tourist hub! We'll keep busy Friday and Saturday morning with the sights, ceremonies and the shops and I'm sure we'll find something to do on the Saturday afternoon! And equally I've no doubt we'll sniff out a few pubs Saturday night!

Flying out Sunday so not too bothered about then really!

Thanks again for replying!!!

Edited: 4:21 am, April 02, 2014
Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wroclaw during Easter!!!

I'm sure you will have wonderful time in Wroclaw. If the weather is nice and sunny, I can recommend you going to the Centennial Hall area, it's the only UNESCO building in Wroclaw. But don't bother if the weather is bad - the whole area is a great place to have a walk but not if it rains.

7. Re: Wroclaw during Easter!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 04, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Wroclaw