We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wroclaw and transportation

Which Wroclaw hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boxford...
Level Contributor
36 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Wroclaw and transportation

Hi,

We are planning to travel from Krakow to Wroclaw, where we will probably stay for 2 nights. We are considering a day trip to Poznan if it's practical. We are wondering about the options for transportation. Is it fastest to take a bus from Krakow to Wroclaw? I think I read somewhere about Link-bus? Is there a bus that travels between Wroclaw and Poznan and if so, how long is that trip? Is Poznan worth a day's visit or would it make more sense to spend the time in Wroclaw? I believe I also read that Wroclaw to Prague is 5 hours by Polski Bus. Is that the best option and if so, where can we find a schedule and buy tickets? Most of our trip is planned with these last few days yet to figure out. I appreciate any suggestions.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,172 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wroclaw and transportation

krakow to wroclaw by bus.....wroclaw to poznan by train....and yes its well worth it....excellent old town.....wroclaw to prague by bus

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wroclaw and transportation

Hi! If you are plannig to stay in Wroclaw for only 2 nights then there is no time for a day trip to Poznan. You will end up with no time for seeing Wroclaw which makes no sense to me.

Krakow - Wroclaw = Link-Bus.com (3 hrs)

Wroclaw - Prague = Polskibus.com (5 hrs)

Wroclaw - Poznan = by train (3 hrs)

Boxford...
Level Contributor
36 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wroclaw and transportation

Thank you for your helpful answers. Can we buy bus tickets at the station, or should we get them in advance online? One last question..... If we were to travel from Wroclaw to Poznan and stay over, is there a bus or train from Poznan to Prague?

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wroclaw and transportation

Polski Bus - tickets purchase only online. Link-Bus - it's best to buy tickets online but you can also buy them from the driver (if there are free seats left).

No direct trains Poznan - Prague. There are some buses on this route, here is an international bus connection browser: http://www.voyager.pl/portal/a_bus_en.html but I don't know those bus companies so I can't tell you where you can buy tickets or whether or not they are reliable.

5. Re: Wroclaw and transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Wroclaw