We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

Which Wroclaw hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

I have checked out quite a few hostels in Wroclaw since I am looking for budget accommodation.

My criteria is a simple, clean, private en suite room in the city center, that is a safe environment and has English speaking reception (in case I need directions, or have questions). I am a female travelling solo.

I have found Corner Hostel and Nathans Villa Hostel that appear to fit my criteria but would like your opinion / get your feedback. If you had to pick, which of the two would you stay in? Has anyone stayed in either of these two hostels who could please provide me with feedback?

Both the hostels do not have single en suite but double en suite at 160 PLN per room per night.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance.

Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

Thanks a lot, rocking_pony, for your very helpful information.

Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

rocking_pony, I have one more transportation question. I will be taking the train from Krakow to Wroclaw. I read that there is a train station near Hotel Wieniawa. Is this the train station at which I will arrive?

As well, I am considering going to Warsaw by trian from Wroclaw. Will I use this train station to buy my ticket and to travel from Worclaw?

I know I am asking you a lot of questions and thank you in advance for your help.

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

You will arrive at the station called "Wrocław Główny" - Wroclaw main train station. This is the one you should get off at. But it's not really close to the Wieniawa... Right now this station is under complete reconstruction and getting into some tram from there is pure madness BUT the whole project will end this summer so when you come to Wroclaw in early autumn everything should be just fine. This is why right now I won't give you any instructions about getting to/from the station - remind me about it in July/August, this is when I shall know something more :)

You can buy train tickets to Warsaw at the very same station.

You can see the location of Wrocław Główny station on Google Maps http://maps.google.com. Just type "Wroclaw Main Train Station" (Marszałka Józefa Piłsudskiego 105 Str.) and then type "Wroclaw Wieniawa Hotel" (Gajowicka 130 Str.) - you will see the distance - not far, but also definitely not a walking distance at all :)

Edited: 5:28 pm, April 04, 2012
Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
122 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

If from some rison you will need to take taxi, avoid those from mian train station, catch one taxi which would be delivering passagers there, that way you have much bigger chances to get there for fair money.

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

Now it's hard to say how the public transportation will look like after the renovation. Right now I think tram number 2 covers this route just fine or buses 125 or 325. It costs 2,40 PLN and taxi about 20 (?) PLN so the difference is huge (but definitely taking a taxi would be the most convenient way) :)

Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

I thank you both for your replies. I would prefer to take a tram or bus as I plan to arrive in the afternoon and will be travelling light - just a carry-on (no checked in baggage).

Thank you for the current public transportation and information to input into Google, rocking_pony. Even though I will not walk the distance, I like to know the route that I will be travelling and approximate distance.

I will be sure to double-check with you in the fall about the tram number to my hotel.

17. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:40 pm, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Wroclaw