We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

Which Wroclaw hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
623 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

I have checked out quite a few hostels in Wroclaw since I am looking for budget accommodation.

My criteria is a simple, clean, private en suite room in the city center, that is a safe environment and has English speaking reception (in case I need directions, or have questions). I am a female travelling solo.

I have found Corner Hostel and Nathans Villa Hostel that appear to fit my criteria but would like your opinion / get your feedback. If you had to pick, which of the two would you stay in? Has anyone stayed in either of these two hostels who could please provide me with feedback?

Both the hostels do not have single en suite but double en suite at 160 PLN per room per night.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance.

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
122 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

nathan villa is closed for good in Wroclaw

Level Contributor
623 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

Thank you for pointing that out to me TaxiPoland.

Has it been renamed Corner Hostel? After rading your post I did some research on the Internet and though some booking sites are displaying both Nathan Villa and Corner Hostel (which got me confused), a couple of tripadvisor traveller reviews mentioned the name change in Wroclaw.

I also read a couple of posts on Tripadvisor that said that Nathans Villa Hostel had a reputation for bedbugs in Krakow.

Any comments or feedback or suggestions for other suitable accommodation that fits my criteria?

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

I have never used any hostel in Wroclaw, my friends stayed in some of them but as far as I know - those hostels have only shared bathrooms. This is why I really can't recommend you anything specific. You can use Booking.com to search for accommodation. I can see that Boogie Hostel Deluxe has similar prices to Corner Hostel but better rates.

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
122 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

I think you right, nathan villa changed name to corner hostel.

I have entered both names in to google maps and it shows exacly the same location.

If it is about reviews, i had clients who were very happy of that time called nathan villa. Those clients were preety stylish and well behaved so i gues place must been worth staying.

Level Contributor
623 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

Thank you for your helpful replies rocking_pony and TaxiPoland.

I decided to look a bit further from the City Center and use public transport. I just booked a single en suite at Hotel Wieniawa for a really good price. The website says that it is 15 minutes by public transport to the city center and that public transport is frequent. I hope this is the case. Can you confirm this, by any chance?

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Wieniawa and is willing to share their experience with me?

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
122 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

As far as i know there is only one tram 17 going to city center, hotel is old and from taxi drivers point of view is know as not high standard.

Look maybe for hotel etap at lotnicza, there is at lest 3 trams going into city center. Located 20min from city center, next to new stadium. Price about 150PLN double room. Unfortunetly that is one star hotel so doesn't have restaurant.

Level Contributor
623 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

Thank you for your response and suggestion, TaxiPoland.

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

Not only tram number 17 goes to the centre from the Hotel Wieniawa area. There are also trams 6 and 7 that go straight to the main square area (Szewska Str. - next to the main square).

This hotel is a bit dated but still has some good opinions and it's something more than a hostel so maybe you can expect a bit higher standard.

Level Contributor
623 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

Thank you rocking_pony. I just booked a single ensuite room at Hotel Wieniawa. Very helpful to know which trams will take me from the hotel to the city center. A choice of 3 trams is good. I should not have to wait long for a tram.

Do you know if the tram stop is close to the hotel? I have to find out how to get to it from the hotel - this is my first visit to Wroclaw:)

Some posters on the booking site said that there is also bus service from the hotel to the city center but did not mention the bus numbers.

Edited: 2:40 pm, April 04, 2012
Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Corner Hostel or Nathans Villa Hostel?

I think this site will be helpful: http://wroclaw.jakdojade.pl/?locale=en You can search for any connection you want, not only in Wroclaw but also in other big Polish cities.

The nearest tram stop is Sztabowa. You can take trams 6 and 7, and go straight to the Oławska stop - it can't be more central ;)

The 144 bus goes to the Plac Legionów, it's also in the centre but about 15 mins walking from the main square area, so it's not really worth bothering. Trams are the quickest way of travelling in Wroclaw, they usually don't stuck in traffic jams so just use them. Don't forget to validate your tickets! You can also buy a 24, 48 or 72-hour pass that need to be validated only once.

Edited: 2:56 pm, April 04, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Wroclaw