Save Topic
cycle trip

I've been asking questions in preparation for a cycle trip for my husband and I (USA - late 50's in age) plan in Poland during September. We have 24 days altogether. This is a tentative plan, and I'd like any feedback. We will arrive in Krakow and go from there. The plan isn't meant to be set in stone, just an outline. The routes I suggest were chosen because they looked interesting, seemed to have good roads for cycling, and some parts were talked about by others on blogs, etc. We don't plan to camp and will stay in hotels, guesthouses, farmhouses, etc. We have foldable bikes and will be hauling a trailer with our stuff.

Sorry this is somewhat long.

SE Poland Route:

Bus to Sanok from Krakow. Cycle route Sanok-Kroscienko-Ustrzyki Gorne-Wetlina-Cisna-Komancza-Tylawa-Sekowa-Tarnow. Train or bus back to Krakow. About 292 kilometers to be completed in a week. It's not a lot of mileage, but we want to have time for sightseeing and any logistical problems. We can always add on if necessary, or ride all the way back to Krakow.

Gdansk/Warmia/Masury Route:

From Krakow, take either a plane or train to Gdansk. Cycle route Gdansk - Elblag - Paslek-Orneta-Lidzbark Warmlaski-Ketrzyn-Mikolajki-Szcytno-Olstzynek-Ilawa-Grudziad-Torun. The mileage on this is about 625 k. Since it's pretty flat, completing it in a week should be ok. From Torun take train or bus back to Krakow. May be necessary to route through Warsaw and take all day.

Thanks for your feedback on our plan!