We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with children to Zakopane

Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Travelling with children to Zakopane

Hi,

we are heading off next week, husband, me and 3 children ages 8,6 and 4 to Poland. We will be staying in Tarnow and Krakow.

I have used the train between Tarnow and Krakow and found it fine, however when we go to Zakopane it will be from Tarnow. Should we get train to Krakow then bus to Zakopane or hire a taxi or any other combination.

Help........... the play in the snow (if there is any) is the carrot at the end of the stick for the wee ones but thinking long journeys on public transport versus cost of taxi..........

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with children to Zakopane

Well, best public transport option I saw was 3h30m by coach, with a change in Krakow, if that helps...

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,369 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with children to Zakopane

the train from krakow to zak takes much longer to reach zak.....so from krakow bus or van is best

3. Re: Travelling with children to Zakopane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:31 am, January 10, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Zakopane