We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow - Yes or No

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Krakow - Yes or No

Hello from Oz..we (a couple of ladies) are visiting Prague/Budapest/Vienna/Copenhagen and Oslo in April - should we also visit Cracow while we're in the vicinity? If so between where -Vienna and Copenhagen?..or should we slot the visit in between the other cities..and finally how long in Cracow?..thanks everyone...Elly

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
177 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Krakow - Yes or No

yes to karkow....lots to do and great nightlife.

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Krakow - Yes or No

A definite yes to Cracow-beautiful city and friendly people!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Krakow - Yes or No

Ignore the lady who said Krakow is over rated - it's a great place!

I've also been to Budapest, Bratislava & Prague - all 3 are good cities to visit. Lots of wonderful architecture, nightlife, restaurants, and all reasonably priced too.

I'd say try to do at least 3 days there.

Hope this helps you.

jeep

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Krakow - Yes or No

Hi everyone...really appreciate your advice,...have decided on : Prague/Krakow/Bratislava/Budapest and Vienna by train .then we're taking Air Berlin & Norwegian Air Shuttle to Copenhagen/Oslo and Edinburgh...we're kinda excited about it all I can tell ya!!!

ps..who said 67 year olds cant travel round the world by themselves....we've only just begun :-))..I just haven't discussed yet with Miss Daisy the dog or Mr Champers the cat :-))

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
118 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Krakow - Yes or No

I am visiting Krakow for the first time in a fortnight (4 night City Break), and cant wait.

However, I have been to Prague 5 times and it just gets better and better.

Location and accommodation make the world if difference to how you view this beautiful city.

Please go.

You wont regret it!

You MUST stay in Lesser Town (or Mala Strana).

Its full of winding back cobbled streets/alleyways full of amazing little bars and restaurants.

Just wander slightly off the beaten track and prices are a fraction of those charged in the tourist parts.

Everywhere can be reached by foot.

Although its a steep walk up to the Castle, so you may prefer to take a tram.

Tram stops are in the heart of Mala Strana.

Ensure you buy tickets before getting on as fines for not having a valid one, are immediate and hefty.

You can get tickets at tobacconists.

The Old Town/New Town/Jewish Quarter must be visited, but Mala Strana IS PRAGUE!!!

If you want a really memorable meal in a picture-postcard setting book a table (well in advance), with front-facing river view at The Kampa Park Restaurant.

You'll think you've died at gone to heaven.

If you want more suggestions, just ask.

I've not heard any favourable reports on Bratislavia.

You may like to reconsider that one, unless you have personal reasons for wanting to visit.

Hope this helps

Krakow
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Krakow - Yes or No

Hy,

I am an Italian man, I feel sure when suggesting to visit Krakow. I am there several months per year, as well as I travel often throughout the whole Europe. Krakow is a lovely town surely much better than Oslo and Budapest. However, it's not a too big city, so few days are enough to enjoy it. Furthermore, polish people is much better educated and kind than in many other European conuntry. Worth seeing.

P.

Darlington
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Krakow - Yes or No

I am looking at going to Krakow too. I loved Prague, although I was there in 2003 before Stag paries were the norm - and you could get chocolate for 13p. I lreally loved Oslo, very expensive, if you have time get the tram out to the park with the sculptures in, they have a pool too with water slides and bbq's for anyone to use, I went in the winter, and the snow was 3 inches deep so the pool was closed but it felt really forign compared to most of the places I have been.

If you get bored of Vienna (I thought it was a bit disappointing, but would go back to check!),take a trip to Bratislava, there is the nicest Chinese restaurant, just off the main square, it only takes an hour from Vienna and the trains are really old fashioned, you get your own compartment, and the seats pull out into beds! Make sure you take your passport if you do that, as both sets of border guards get on the train!

Wow, you will have a lovely time, wish I was going.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Krakow - Yes or No

Thank you everyone for your replies ..I appreciate your interst..regards Elly in Oz

19. Re: Krakow - Yes or No

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 21, 2009