We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow Excursions

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Krakow Excursions

We are visiting Krakow for the first time in October 2006 and would like to know if it is advisable to book excursions is advance? If it is, can anyone please recommed a good tour operator with informative English speaking guides? Did you do private excursions (for example to Auschwitz) or did you join with other groups?

Also has anyone tried the meal and concert at the Klezmer Hois, if so what did you think?

YORK
Level Contributor
321 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow Excursions

Hi

you can hire an individual guide direct thro the internet at auschwitz .

The organised tours tend to be quite large and there are some places where you might want to linger or ask more questions which can be difficult if you are in a large group .

Baz

ps it can be very busy ,

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
262 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow Excursions

My wife and I are also visiting Krakow for the first time in October. We are thinking of booking one tour through the internet and then booking the rest at our hotel. I have not seen very many comments on the best way to schedule tours but we wanted to do a combined Auschwitz and Salt mine and the internet seemed best for this. We arrive on October 20th so if you go first let us know how it works out. Good traveling.

WIGAN UK
Level Contributor
567 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow Excursions

JannAl, I am from Wigan also and going to Krakow on the 01/10/06 we have booked Auschwitz tour with hotel, max of 12 people and English speaking guide. When are you going?

West of Scotland
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow Excursions

We are just back from a week in Krackow. If you are near the Jewish Quarter I would recommend you book private tours with the Jarden Jewish Bookshop and Tourist Agency. It is in the square, Szeroka Street. We did the Schindler`s List Tour and the guide was wonderful. Unfortunately, by the time we discovered this place we had already taken bus tours to Auchwitz and the Salt Mines. These would have been the same price through the private tour and we would have had much more time to see the places properly. It was so busy in Auchwitz and we missed half of it. You can Email them on jarden@jarden.pl their website is www.jarden.pl or you can just go in and book.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krakow Excursions

Many thanks Baz 1 and Roscaber for the information and the suggested websites. We will book a private tour/guide for our visit to Auschwitz as that idea seems best to get the most out of our visit..

We are going on the 13th October 2006 and will certainly be happy to let Dakota 20 know how we got on.

Hi Wigangirl have a great trip on the 1st October please pass on any tips/recommendations when you get back if you get a chance.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
262 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krakow Excursions

Have a good time everyone and tip a pint for me when you get there. I'll do the same when I arrive. Enjoy.

7. Re: Krakow Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, August 18, 2009