We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon free walking tours

london
Level Contributor
106 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon free walking tours

Hi We land in krakow around 1pm & have taxi booked to hotel but would like to do an afternoon free walking tour to get our bearings etc

Does anyone have any info on this please

Dereham, United...
Level Contributor
286 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon free walking tours

I arrived about midday and did the 3.30pm free walking tour of the Old City - very informative and brilliant to get your bearings. You just turn up outside the large church in the Rynek Glowny (main square) a few minutes before. Have a great time it's a wonderful city.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon free walking tours

freewalkingtour.com

FREE walking TOUR:

Everyday 10.00 am, 3.30 pm: old town krakow

Everyday 3.00 pm, 11.00 am: jewish krakow

cracowfreewalkingtour.com/page/en/kazimierz-…

They do not seem to have an afternoon tour of the old town, just the jewish Qarter at 2pm

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon free walking tours

I just checked the times again:

http://www.cracowfreewalkingtour.com/page/en gives you the old town at 10:30 and Jewish Krakow at 14:00.

Check out all the various waking tours offered by both companies

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon free walking tours

What's the recommended tip that one should give?

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afternoon free walking tours

whatever you feel like

It can depend on size of group as it means the guide may be more or less able to interact with you personally

6. Re: Afternoon free walking tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:11 pm, May 25, 2014
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Afternoon free walking tours

I know you are not obliged to give a tip, if it was good - and they do sound good - I would feel like giving a tip and just wanted to here what others have given previously or thought would be a reasonable amount. I agree, the size of the group would influence the quality of the tour and tip.

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Afternoon free walking tours

Hi,

tssearnslaw. Check also other private tours.

Sometimes very low price or free service is more expensive in fact.

Have a nice time

Kind regards

Malgorzata

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Afternoon free walking tours

#tssearnslaw, I have been on one of those 'free' walking tours in Krakow which I thought was very good and I gave a PLN 20 tip. It's up to yourself though, as you might not be as impressed by the guide, as I was, and as there are different guides you could be lucky or unlucky with the one you get.

10. Re: Afternoon free walking tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 30, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Krakow