We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying tickets from Krakow to Budapest

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
162 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
buying tickets from Krakow to Budapest

My husband is going to Poland for business (1 week in Warsaw), and then I am joining him on May 16th. We are going to Krakow for a few days and then plan to take the overnight train from Krakow to Budapest. I know I can buy the tickets to Budapest online now, but is it cheaper to buy them in person? And if so, could my husband purchase our tickets when he arrives in Warsaw or is that cutting it too close? Alternatively, we could ask his colleagues in Warsaw to purchase them for us, but we don't know how necessary that is. Polrail is currently quoting 1026 Polish Zloty / $339 USD for a 2 person sleeper.

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
309 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying tickets from Krakow to Budapest

Wouldn't it be better to fly? That's a very long journey.

King's Lynn, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buying tickets from Krakow to Budapest

no direct flights to budapest from krakow as far as I know

Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying tickets from Krakow to Budapest

Ticket at a station in Poland will cost about 105 euro per person.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
162 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buying tickets from Krakow to Budapest

OK - so about $50 less than polrail to buy in person. Thanks for your responses.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,315 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buying tickets from Krakow to Budapest

... subject to availability of course

6. Re: buying tickets from Krakow to Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 24, 2015