We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tarred with the 'stag do' brush

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
tarred with the 'stag do' brush

Hi,

A friend and i are travelling to Krakow on Monday for the first time in 3 years. We like a drink but are no means louts, loud or disrespectful and we are anxious not to be judged as this just because of our native language (and the stupid behavior of some groups of British people) . However i have read and heard some recent comments about a slight hostility towards English speaking tourists, especially at night. This could not be further from the truth of my personal experiences in Krakow where i found the locals nothing but super friendly and had a great time. Could anyone who has recently visited shed any light on this

Thanks for any replies

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tarred with the 'stag do' brush

A decently behaved group of 2, is a far cry from a group of 30 drunk, loud idiots.

You will have no problems

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tarred with the 'stag do' brush

Arrived back on Sunday night, 3 lads who like a drink. All i can say is that the locals were extremely friendly, we enjoyed nights out drinking, dancing and eating with a number of them and we had a great time. As long as your not being agressive, overly loud or rude, you will be fine.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,172 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tarred with the 'stag do' brush

true story....i was on the rynek in krakow....it was later in the evening.....i heard it first before i saw it.....some sort of shouting.....it was getting louder so i knew it was comming in my direction.....then i saw it.....was a lone man singing some sort of bar song at the top of his lungs.....every other word was the f*#+ word.....then he went towards the middle of the square and did a jig while contnuing on with his tirade of vulgar words....who does that in a foreign country right in the middle of a tourist area?....he was lucky the police wernt there to cart him off.....so it seems to me you dont have to be a group of 20 to be obnoxious....sometimes it can happen with just one!

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
302 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tarred with the 'stag do' brush

The people who do it have no intention of ever going back that's why they don't care and Dont realise it can spoil it for everyone.

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tarred with the 'stag do' brush

That's very true newbigim

I've seen a few groups of Englush today, all boisterous and that was this afternoon as people tried to enjoy sitting outside in Rynek Glowny.

In all the times I have been here I have never come with more than 3 other people and we are always very polite and considerate to others. As you should always be, regardless of where you are, abroad or at home

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tarred with the 'stag do' brush

Are the stag parties mostly in krackow on weekends? I have been watching a program on TV lately and am now wondering if I will be embarrassed to be there when I go for the first time in may. I am going with a group of ladies but our age ranges are between 58 to 30 years old and we want to go there for the culture. I didn't want it to feel like an 18 to 30s Mediterranean island holiday :-(.

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
706 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tarred with the 'stag do' brush

I think the answer to that is yes and is down to the flight scedules on easyjet and ryanair. I have been to krakow a number of times over the last few years and have to say that the number of stag groups I've encountered are nowhere near what you may think. Last year during a ten day break during June I saw maybe one or two large groups and in no way did this detract from my enjoyment nor did it spoil my holiday in any way. Please do not let the impression of krakow being a stag destination put you off at all. They are easily avoided as stag groups will be drawn to the english/Irish bars in the main square area and trust me there are scores of bars and restaurants for you to visit and enjoy giving a feel of the local people and culture. My personal view is that krakow as a mainly stag destination is completely over hyped.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tarred with the 'stag do' brush

With all due respect footster1964, you don't live here or have to deal with it on an everyday basis so I'm not sure you really have enough of a picture to say it's over hyped.

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
706 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tarred with the 'stag do' brush

I agree things may be different as a resident. My comments are based on my visits to Krakow and as stated are my personal opinion.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tarred with the 'stag do' brush

I live here Ewa, and it is nowhere near as much of a problem as seems to be implied by many on here.

To the lady above that wants to come with a group of other ladies, you will have no problems at all, there are bars and clubs that cater for the stag groups, stick the the 100's of other places that don't entertain them. Especially on a cultural visit, you won't meet to many stag groups in the numerous galleries, museums and places of historical interest and especially not in the churches.