We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many times have you visited Krakow?

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How many times have you visited Krakow?

I personally have no idea just how many times I have been there. My first visit was 9 years ago and I returned 6 weeks later on my own for the start of a long lasting live affair with Krakow. Some times I would go for a long weekend, other times staying there for 12 days at a time.

I can't get enough of that city and I will be there again at 10am tomorrow and I'm excited like a child on Christmas Eve.

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
309 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How many times have you visited Krakow?

Where do you fly from Mark?

YORK
Level Contributor
321 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How many times have you visited Krakow?

First visit 1970 under good old communist regime .Seen lots of changes , when I first used to go there were only 2 makes of car , a sirenna which was a small car and a Warsawa which was a bigger saloon , If you was well you could have a foreign car , a Volga ( Russian ) .

You had to obtain vouchers which you had to cash in to obtain spending money . And there were Dollar and Pound shops where that was the only currency accepted ,

B

Glasgow
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How many times have you visited Krakow?

Hi All, first visited in March 2012, going back again in March this year for my 5th visit, its one of the best cities (along with San Francisco) that I have ever visited.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
765 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How many times have you visited Krakow?

Only once so far (2013) but if those nice people at Jet2 or Easyjet can come up with some cheap fares from 'oop North' a couple of weeks before Christmas it will be twice!

As well as doing some of the things we enjoyed again and hopefully some new things we didn't have time to, it will be interesting to experience the contrast between the scorching 5 days we had in June and what I'm sure will be a rather chilly Krakow December!

Edited: 7:57 am, January 16, 2014
MJT
London
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How many times have you visited Krakow?

First time I remember going was on a family trip in 1974. Ager that multiple trips in the late 70s and early 80s as part of an organised trip of young people whose parents were wartime displaced Poles from UK, Europe and US/Canada. Last trip in Communist times was probably 1984/5. Next time I visited was 2005 and I was knocked back by the changes - McDonalds on Florianska!!!! I have some films on DVD from the late 70s and its a great historical record of how Krakow used to look. Since 2005 quite a few trip including a day trip about 3 years ago. Used to go frequently when I was getting my teeth done but less so recently. My grandfather is buried in Rakowicki cemetary and an ancestor used to be the Bishop of Krakow in the 18th Century and has a memorial plaque in the Wawel Cathedral. So I can say I have some solid roots to the city!

16. Re: How many times have you visited Krakow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 18, 2015