We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trips

My wife, myself and our two children are travelling to Krakow early summer for a few days. We are looking to cover the following day trips:

Auschwitz and the Salt Mines (both in one day),

Warsaw

Plaszow

Please can you advise how best to go about this regarding transport, tour guides, costs etc?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Kind regards,

Kevin

cork
Level Contributor
67 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Day Trips

going to krakow for a few days in march and was wondering if you could help me.friends of mine were there a few years ago and went to see the various sites using a taxi driver they hired after meeting him at the airport.would this be a wise move. they cannot remember what the trips cost. hope im being too vague

regards

colin. ps we will be a group of 4

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Day Trips

Why don't you try using a proper Tour Company?

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Day Trips

colinCORK - are you asking if we think this is a good idea? Or if we can find the taxi driver? Or what?

cork
Level Contributor
67 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Day Trips

if its a good idea to see the sites this way please

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Day Trips

I would say it depends on the individual to make sure your getting the best out of it, and his personal knowledge

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Day Trips

It depends on what you want to see, the price you negotiate with the taxi driver, whether he's competent and also a whole range of other factors that it's pointless speculating on.

The centre of Krakow, where most of the sites are located, is pedestrianised so a driver won't help you. There is also good public transport and lots of metered taxis to take you slightly further out if you don't fancy a longer walk, and numerous tour companies to take you to places like Auschwitz.

cork
Level Contributor
67 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Day Trips

thanks for your help

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Day Trips

Before our first trip from London to Krakow I bought a DVD which purported to show me Krakow - it did ... from the outside ... everything seen from the street, and only from the street, and that's what your taxi would provide. What about inside Wawel, what about the interiors of the churches, what about the rynek and the rest of the old town you'll not see? Taxis may have a role when there are 4 of you, as the cost might not be much more than the tram, but get bus/tram tickets and select what sights you want to fully exploore then use a taxi or public transport or a tour to go to places like Wieliczka and Auschwitz.

As you can tell, I liked it so much we moved here!

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Day Trips

Thanks very much to everyone who has kindly replied to my post, really appreciate your advice.

Kind regards,

Kevin

20. Re: Day Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 16, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Krakow