We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow Bus/Tram Tickets

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Krakow Bus/Tram Tickets

I see from MPK SA website that they are many different type of tickets that you can buy for the trams/buses and I'm not sure which ones I should be using or might need to buy.

For example, what is the difference between a 'One Time Ticket' costing PLN 2.50 and a 'Multi Use Ticket' valid for 15 minutes costing PLN 1.80?

What type and price ticket would I need to buy for the public bus from Krakow to the Salt Mines. And what bus number will bring me to the Salt Mines?

If I buy a 24h (PLN 15), would that also be valid for the bus to the Salt Mines?

I see that you can buy a 'One Time' Group Ticket which would cover up to 15 persons. How does that work, and what one would I buy, to get to the Salt Mines?

Thanking you in advance.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow Bus/Tram Tickets

On a multi-use ticket you can change to another line (whether bus/tram) but your journey must end within 15 minutes of the time stamped on your ticket (this is why you need to validate it as soon as you get on). A single journey ticket can last as long as you want but you can't change.

The salt mine is outside of the Krakow city limits so you need a 2-zone (Agglomeration) ticket. The 304 or 904 will take you there. There are also numerous private minibuses on this route but they don't take MPK tickets - you'll need to pay the driver.

For a group ticket you need to be travelling in a group of up to 20 people on the same bus/tram (not one person travelling 20 times).

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow Bus/Tram Tickets

Thank you for your reply. Am I correct in thinking that for the journey to the salt mines, that I need a 2-zone 'One Time Ticket' costing PLN 4.00 and also one for the return journey.

Can you tell me the cost of a 24h ticket that will be valid for travel over 2-zones, and can that ticket be used for the bus to the salt mines.

Once again, dziekuje

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow Bus/Tram Tickets

Ticket prices are here

…krakow.pl/pl/…

Yes the salt mine requires a zone I and II ticket (the green prices). A single journey ticket is 4PLN

there is a "two journey" ticket available for 7.60PLN. This needs to be validated twice , once for each journey. It is not a "return" but a two journey ticket.

A 24 hour zone I and II ticket would be 20PLN. yes it can be used on the 304 bus to the mines.

Edited: 8:05 am, January 10, 2014
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow Bus/Tram Tickets

Thank you very much for that, scottishpoet

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krakow Bus/Tram Tickets

fenla, to add to what I wrote the 15PLN 24 hour ticket you mentioned is only for zone I so you cannot use it for the mines in zone II. You need the green ticket prices from the link I sent hence the 20PLN 24 hour ticket

6. Re: Krakow Bus/Tram Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 13, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Krakow