We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A little bit of help regarding Krakow

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
84 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
A little bit of help regarding Krakow

Hi All

Me and my boyfriend are visiting Krakow 15-17th November - Not very long but we do want to make the most of the time we do have. We have booked Salt Mines/Auschwitz tour from a provider well rated here on the trip advisor website really looking forward to that.

We want to know (may be a silly question) but in the market square - Are there markets on every day?

Is there much going on of a night time?

Also - I seen somebody post about Lovers bridge? Is it worth visiting - It looks good after a little google search so wanted to swing by there as seems like a nice gesture!!

We are staying in the Queen boutique hotel - Anybody ever stayed here before looks great!

I think that is all for now - I am sure i will think of more if any of you lovely people reply

Thank you so much

xx

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A little bit of help regarding Krakow

The Rynek is more the "main square" than the market square these days, though there are many stall andsghops around, esp in the Cloth Hall. Google Krakow Markets for other markets, flea markets, etc.

There's a LOT of nightlife all around that area.

"Lover's Bridge" is like the several others around Europe. Bridge+padlocks=lovers' bridge. Why not do a walking tour and keep a padlock in your bag so there's an element of well-planned spontanity? tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g274772-d4…

Whatever you do, don't overlook Wawel and the churches of Krakow. Wawel is the heart of the Royal Capital, with the castle and cathedral, whule churches like St Mary's on the Rybek have incredibly beautiful interiors

Liverpool
Level Contributor
84 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A little bit of help regarding Krakow

Thank you very much -

are the castle/cathedrals only open in the day time?

Ideally i would like to see the bridge at night time and I think Wawel castle is near to the bridge -

How would you suggest We do it - Perhaps visit the churches in the daytime then the bridge of a night I only say this as we are not doing a walking tour as we only have 3 days (2.5 days really) we have tours booked on the Saturday so we would like the Friday to do as we please i.e see the market square cloth hall etc.

Then we have till around 1pm sunday? Would this be enough time to visit some of the castles.

Thank you very much for your reply i really appreciate it.

xx

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A little bit of help regarding Krakow

Wawel closes at 5pm in the winter.

Te old town of Krakow is quite compact and walkable, so why not spend a day on the Roysl Route from thee Bastion - the city's old north gate, wanderig down through the streets to the rynek and on to Wawel - with shopping and lunch this will take most of the day, as the route is litterd with places to visit, like St Mary's, St Barbara's, the cloth hall and town hall tower, the college - then have dinner and go to the bridge?

There are many, many things to see abd do in Krakow. It just depends what interests you. If it's a dry day, you caN spand a lot of time outdoors, but if it';s wet there is a lot to see inside abd underground. And donlt forget to visit Smok, the dragon, who lives down on the bank of the Vistula, just below the castle.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A little bit of help regarding Krakow

JCM 1992. You have chosen a great city to stay. Both the salt mines and Auschwitz are a must to see while you are there. Rynek Glowny is the main square with lots of shops, bars and restaurants, and side streets off the main square with a good relaxing nightlife. Imagine Williamson Sq in town but about 50 times bigger!! Enjoy.

Edited: 12:56 pm, November 11, 2013
5. Re: A little bit of help regarding Krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Krakow