We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow to Kiev train

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Skipton
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Krakow to Kiev train

Good evening

I'm looking at booking an overnight sleeper train from krakow to Kiev Monday 9th September. I'm struggling to find anywhere to book this and would like some advice

My preference would be for a first class sleeper.

Thank you

Rushyuk

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Krakow to Kiev train

There is no overnight sleeper from krakow to kiev. There are no direct trains from krakow to kiev

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Krakow to Kiev train

You might be abke to do krakow lviv overnight and then a connecting train from lviv to kiev

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Krakow to Kiev train

You might be abke to do krakow lviv overnight and then a connecting train from lviv to kiev, current schedule has it leaving krakow 20:45, arrive lviv 06:03

Skipton
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Krakow to Kiev train

Thank you, do you know of an earlier train from Krakow that would get me to Lviv to meet a commecting train at 00.30am? What is the best place to book in advance?

Wroclaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
108 reviews
5. Re: Krakow to Kiev train

You can go to Warsaw from Krakow (ca. 3 hrs by train) and from there by direct night train to Kiev.

Train schedules: http://rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en?

You can't buy Warsaw - Kiev or Krakow - Lviv tickets online through the official Polish Rail website. You have to use an agent, usually people choose PolRail.

Edited: 4:21 am, June 21, 2013
Skipton
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Krakow to Kiev train

Is the reason I can't book on line due to the fact it's more than 60 days until I travel?

Wroclaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
108 reviews
7. Re: Krakow to Kiev train

No. Tickets for Polish international trains can't be booked online via the official Polish Rail service. There is one exception - Warsaw-Berlin train can be booked online and that's all.

You can buy those tickets at a station in Poland 60 days in advance. If you can't do this yourself then you can use an agent who will buy those tickets and then re-sell them to you - he will send the tickets to your home or to your hotel in Poland, or probably to any other place you want.

Edited: 6:37 am, June 21, 2013
Wroclaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
108 reviews
8. Re: Krakow to Kiev train

Ticket prices without any discounts, bought at a station in Poland:

Krakow - Lviv prices: 47.10 Euro for 2-person sleeper, 38.10 Euro for 3-person sleeper

Warsaw - Kiev prices: 101.10 Euro for 2-person sleeper, 83.40 Euro for 3-person sleeper

There are also 1-person sleepers which obviously are more expensive.

The above mentioned prices are per 1 person.

Edited: 9:13 am, June 21, 2013
Skipton
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Krakow to Kiev train

thank you very much for your help. i've tried to book with PolRail and I cant book so far in advance. I think I will leave it a couple of weeks and book then.

Wroclaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
108 reviews
10. Re: Krakow to Kiev train

Yes, you need to wait until it's 60 days in advance. Email Jeffrey Dobek and ask him about SparNight discount - tickets bought well in advance may offer this kind of discount, I'm just not sure if this applies to tickets from Poland to Ukraine (this definitely applies to tickets from Poland to Prague/Budapest).