We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring an English Speaking Guide

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring an English Speaking Guide

Hello!

I'll be visiting Krakow this May and am looking to spend a day visiting Brzozow, about 2 hours away, to see where my family came from. I am not fluent in Polish and am nervous about renting a car. Is it possible to hire a guide for this type of thing? I'm not sure where to start, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kate

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring an English Speaking Guide

We were just in Krakow, there is a lot of English spoken in Krakow and I would think that renting a car from a car rental company would be a problem as there will be a member of staff that speaks English.

It might be handy to try and find someone to show you around Bzozow or you can just explore it on your own.

Not sure how easy it would be to find a guide.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring an English Speaking Guide

Here's what I would do: Go to Google and seach "Krakow limo." A good number of websites will give you plenty of options to choose from. If you're going to a town 2 hours away, ask them for all-day rates. Negative: It ain't real cheap, probably close to $400 for a day. Positive: English-speaking driver takes you anywhere you want to go in a snazzy car. He knows the roads and does all the work for you, etc. If you think about it, a limo & driver makes a lot of sense for a person in your situation.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,492 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring an English Speaking Guide

brzoszow is more than 2 hours away....and in the middle of no where....if i were you i would spend the night in rzeszow (it has wonderful hotel options) and hire a driver from there

4. Re: Hiring an English Speaking Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Krakow