We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights in Krakow

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
5 nights in Krakow

Hi all!

I am going here for the first time with my hubby in Sept. A few questions if i may.

Whats the weather like in Sept.

Is it better to change money over in the UK before i leave?

Must see sightseeing, I love history and my hubby loved photography, so things that will appeal to us both.

Price of things like food/beer/wine. We plan to take £500 with us, not sure if will be enough.

We havent booked anywhere to stay yet as hoping to find a self catering apartment nearer the time but I have booked my flights (12 - 17 sept).

Grateful for any advice you are able to provide.

Thank you.

Craigavon, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 nights in Krakow

The like below will let you check out the weather history for September,

wunderground.com/history/…

as far as changing money is concerned, its best to either change your money in Krakow or use your bank card over there, depending on your bank charges, you can easily live on £100 per day, a meal will cost between £6-£12 depending what your looking a beer is around £1.60 cant help with wine though i believe it is a little more expensive than at home.

G&L

London, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 nights in Krakow

We were there in September 2011. It was chilly in the morning (about 8am), up to about 70F during the afternoon, and chilly at night.

Definitely wait till you get there. There's over 6% difference. I'd get £50 worth here, for a taxi and your first meal/drink, then change a small amount. We took £50 worth, and changed £200 when we got there, just for a start. We actually brought some back. That included one excursion, to Auschwitz.

'Must see' sightseeing is very personal. I'd reccomend the free walking tours, then decide which places you'd like to revisit. One place I'd definitely visit is the Ethnographic Museum. From there, it's an interesting stroll to Schindler's factory.

Food and beer are exceptionally cheap, by UK standards, and very good. Wine is quite pricey, but vodka is cheap, and can be drunk with Polish food.

Unless the £500 includes accommodation, or you really splash out, then it's far too much.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 nights in Krakow

I would say must see places are the salt mines at Wieliczka. Really amazing inside and there are some good places for some really nice photos. But you are on a tour so you don't get as much time as you like to stop and take photos.

St Marys basilica Church in the main square is very impressive inside. I believe you can take photos inside if you pay and don't use the flash.

We went for a walk up Kopiec Kosciuszko and we were lucky because the grey clouds broke and it got nice and sunny and blue just as we got there. It gives you a great view over Krakow

A free walking tour is a great way to get to know the city. We did one, lots of info and the guide was really good and very funny.

4. Re: 5 nights in Krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Krakow