We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

handicap

alabama
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
handicap

does anyone have any infomation about handicap in Karkow. I can walk but not a distance...is there any other means...I heard something about golf carts.

thank you for you help

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: handicap

There are tours by golf cart-type buggies, and there's some info about access - let me check

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: handicap

http://www.krakow-info.com/rides.htm has some details on buggy tours

http://www.krakow-info.com/disabled.htm on access

alabama
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: handicap

wow thank you soosoo much

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
234 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: handicap

Hi,

A few other info that come to my mind, of course it s depends a lot on which type of issue you have - based on your post it is not clear if you an walk only a few meters or still have some little walk.

> the salt mine visit will be difficult. There is a lot of stairs and it is quite a long walk. I know that the first stairs can be handle by lift but not sure for the one inside the tour. The website should help you on this.

> if you plan to visit Auschwitz, i advise you to book a private guide ànd ot to followna group. In eqch block there is 2 floors without lift. So you can adapt the speed with him.

> for the city center and kazimierz, it is quiete busy area. If you can walk but not on long distance, there is plenty of coffees for break. I will advise you to take a tram or a taxi between the 2 areas even if it is a walking distance usually.

> for schindler museum, it is a bit outside the beaten path. So take a taxi to go there. Eve pn tram are stopping a bit far away. The museum is in2 or 3 floors but i think i have seen a lift.

> for wawel avoid the dragon tower if you havemobility issue. It is a lot of stairs down to see only a cave... So it will not be an enough big reward for you to make the effort. Keep your energy for other part of the city.

Dnt hesitate to ask for more precise areas,

Regards,

J

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: handicap

At Wielizca, the salt mine has a tour for those with wheelchairs, etc - down and up by lift and avoiding stairs altogether - contact them for details

"Tours of the Wieliczka Salt Mine for the disabled.

The handicapped in wheelchairs can tour the most popular parts of the Wieliczka Salt Mine, in that number two of its subterranean lakes, underground churches of St. Kunegunde’s and of the Cross, the Dwarfs’ Cave, etc. It's advisable to arrange the visit in advance through a phone call put at (+48) 122787302 or fax at (+48) 122787333. "

Edited: 4:48 pm, January 19, 2013
alabama
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: handicap

Thank you all so very much...I will bring my walker with me that has a seat...I can walk without it but feel more secure. Like I said I can walk just not a distance..I appreciate all the wonderful ideas...If you all comeup with anymore information please drop me a note

thank thank

7. Re: handicap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 22, 2014