We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow in Feb Weather advice?

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Krakow in Feb Weather advice?

Hi all!,

Going to Krakow in February and I have researched the weather and it's says its an average of 1 to -5 with a Real Feel of minus 10 or more at times.

What I am looking for is advice on what to bring clothes wise. We will have jeans and snow boats, heavy jackets, hats gloves and scarves.

What we really want to know is – what to wear going out at night. We are a group of 6 30yo ladies…most of which love dresses and short skirts and heels etc.

But I we need advice on is – will it be too cold for skirts at night? If so, can we get into clubs with boots on or even snow boots? What kind of jackets should we wear at night? – for example, if we had ski jackets on, would we be ok to get in clubs and pubs.

OR – is the area just a relaxed causal, jeans and a t-shirt, trainers, kind of place.

Thanks for any info and advice!

Craigavon, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow in Feb Weather advice?

Try here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274772-i961-k60…

hope this helps

G&L

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow in Feb Weather advice?

30 year old, short skirt and high heels, sounds like the Savoy!!

In all likelihood it will be cold, early feb last year was -25 to -30 at night

as has been said in the thread posted, post girls here in the winter will wear tight jeans or skirts with thick tights and boots

Most, if not all, clubs have secure cloackrooms so some people arrive in their boots with a change of shoes in a bag and leave the bag with the boot in the cloakroom for just a few zloty.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow in Feb Weather advice?

Very funny Scottish poet, I have never been im the Savoy in my life! Ok maybe once lol. Oh and my friends are really stunning ladies :-)

Thanks for the info about the boots!

Do most people go on a bar crawl then a club or straight to a club?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow in Feb Weather advice?

Very funny Scottish poet, I have never been im the Savoy in my life! Ok maybe once lol. Oh and my friends are really stunning ladies :-)

Thanks for the info about the boots!

Do most people go on a bar crawl then a club or straight to a club?

Thanks G&L

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,884 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krakow in Feb Weather advice?

Like I said in the thread that G&L posted for you, I took a dress last year but wore it with thick tights and knee high flat boots. There is no way I would have gone out in high heels. Trust me you'll need your warm clothing. I took my heavy winter coat for the evenings but all the bars and restaurants are warm inside so no need to keep your coat on at all.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krakow in Feb Weather advice?

Aww thanks Helen! That's what im verging towards thinking. Thick thick tights and flat knee highs

What about during the day- do you think we need snow boots?

What kind of things do the girls wear to the nightclubs?

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krakow in Feb Weather advice?

when it is -10 at night you do not want to "crawl" between bars

I'd say people here typically go out later than in the UK, perhaps have a couple of drinks in a bar then onto a club

and I've never been in the savoy either, honest, ;-)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Krakow in Feb Weather advice?

Aww thanks Helen! That's what im verging towards thinking. Thick thick tights and flat knee highs

What about during the day- do you think we need snow boots?

What kind of things do the girls wear to the nightclubs?

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,884 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Krakow in Feb Weather advice?

For during the day I wore jeans with thick tights or leggings underneath.......a bit uncomfortable but necessary and I wore my Timberlands during the day and sometimes at night. I don't have snow boots so I have no idea if they would be better or not.

We didn't go to any nightclubs.....getting too old lol and to be honest after a day sightseeing we were too tired so we just went out for food and then a few bars for drinks.

10. Re: Krakow in Feb Weather advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Krakow