We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to central train station?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to central train station?

There are 3 of us travelling next month we arrive at lunch time and when we leave it will be early morning, we are staying right near the train station, what will be the best way to get there taxi or train?? Which option would be the cheapest.? :-)

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
52 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to central train station?

If it was me pay about £20 and get a taxi between the three of you,lots of advice on who to book etc on this forum,if stuck drop me a message.

Regards

Roger D57

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to central train station?

Train is cheaper, but they're not that frequent in the middle of the day, about one an hour. It's only about 20PLN (£4) return (lasts a month) as I remember, you can buy the ticket at the airport or on the train.

The airport train station is about 200 yards from the airport, signed and easy to walk if you don't have much luggage, or if you do there's a free shuttle bus which drops you off at the platform. It's not really a train 'station', just a platform, so if it's cold stay at the airport till shortly before the train departure - there's a display of train times at the airport or you can ask the information desk.

Trains going back to the airport are more frequent in the morning think it was one every 30 mins.

See http://rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en?

Type krak in the destination and it comes up with departure/arrival options choose main train station /airport.

Edited: 3:55 pm, January 07, 2013
Bydgoszcz
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to central train station?

You can buy one-way train ticket for 12PLN and a return one (valid 30 days) for 20PLN. You can also buy a one-way group ticket for 3 persons for 33PLN, or for 4 persons for 44PLN.

Regards,

Jeffrey Dobek

Polrail Service

Bydgoszcz, Poland

Edited: 4:26 pm, January 07, 2013
Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
783 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to central train station?

Taxi will cost around 70PLN, less than £20, you might be able to get it for less if you pre book.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to central train station?

Thanks for the info guys :-)

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
203 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to central train station?

Four of us are going to Krakow in February. Our flight is due to arrive around 5.30pm. I think I'd prefer to get a taxi into the centre. Would you recommend pre-booking or just picking up a taxi at the airport?

I'd you think we'd be better pre-booking could you recommend any companies?

Many thanks

Paula

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to central train station?

We not been yet going end feb, there are lots of really good recommendations on ta under activities in krakow we wil book with one of them before we go. :-)

8. Re: Airport to central train station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, January 11, 2013
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to central train station?

Hiya Karen,get on the free blue bus outside the airport terminal for the short journey to the train platform, always a train there as you get off the bus. Buy a ticket for three people from the conductor 30plns approx £6 in total. Get off the last stop, you should see a large shopping mall. Should be quite easy to find where you need from there. Good luck and enjoy Krakow!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to central train station?

Another good idea is buy your currency while in Krakow, todays rate is 496, its a lot lower in the UK . you can watch this board for the daily rates. This money changing office is inside the large shopping mall a few doors from the carrefour supermarket http://www.kantor-exchange.pl/english