We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

warwel castle

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
warwel castle

I have read on the official site, that bags, back packs etc have to be deposited on arrival. Is this true of all bags even handbags.? Also If we do not have time to visit all of the exibitions, which are the best ones to see.?

UK
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: warwel castle

Hi, it's true of all museums in krakow (and elswhere in Europe). keep your money/documents on you, and a small handbag will probably be allowed.

Wawel - see the Royal Apartments, i like them best. Wonder round outside, have a look at the river view while it lasts as they are planning to build apartments across the river! If you have time, climb the belfry for the view . Then Cathedral which is full od history and graves of the Polish kings. And when you go down, don't miss Kanonicza street which is now almost fully restored (see on the map).

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: warwel castle

I had a very big handbag with me and this was allowed in (one of those that hold everything but the kitchen sink!). I agree the Apartments are wonderful, the history is interesting even for those not particularly interested in Polish history. Only do go as early as possible in the morning as some visitors we know didn't get in as all tickets were gone when they got there. Check the opening hours and days and get there early! Its well worth a good visit!

MJT
London
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: warwel castle

This is true for even small backpacks. I had a small pack with very little in it and was made to go to the other side of the courtyard and deposit it but this took a couple of minutes max and the fact that the museum attendants had asked me to do so meant that in fact I had registered in my schedule slot and they let me in straight away.

Get answers to your questions about Krakow