We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days in poland

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Trowbridge, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
8 days in poland

Im flying into warsaw on 10th feb and flying home from krakow on 17th early morn. Thinking of splitting my time 10,11,12 in warsaw and 13,14,15 and 16 in krakow. Looking at doing the historical war bits and then general look round and relax. im 19 yr old male travelling alone . Does this sound a good way round of doing it ? and any must do's in your opinion?

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 days in poland

try this....2 days warsaw....3 days krakow.....2 days zakopane in the mountains....its 2 hours south of krakow by bus.... costs 20 zl to get there....the #1 getaway destination in poland....the unique old culture,music and architecture still holds sway over the town.....not to be missed

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 days in poland

If you want go to Zakopane then I would spend there 1 night. So... first 2 nights in Warsaw then 3 nights in Krakow, 1 night in Zakopane and last night in Warsaw - I alway like spending last night if the city of departure, especially when my plane is in the morning, that saves a lot of hassle.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 days in poland

Warsaw - 1 day is max more will dissapoint you

Krakow - 5 days ( auschwitz 1 day trip, Zakopane 1 day Trip, Saltmine _ Schindler half day trip, Nowa Huta - half day trip)

I live here in Poland most of my adult life and will answer all your travel related questions with plessure

Great choice - Kraków - will not be dissapointed

Regards

Maciek

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 days in poland

Maciej S, why spending more than 1 day in Warsaw would disappoint anyone? I have many foreign friends who spent days in Warsaw and they all liked it if not loved it. Sometimes it's good to look at some place from a different perspective - not as a local but as someone who would like to see places completely new for him/her and learn about history, and Warsaw is perfect to do that.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 days in poland

I work in tourism busines for more than 8 years dealing with varoius range of traveller.

It is my experience and observation

Traveller saying:

Krakow - splendid

Gdańsk - ok

Toruń - ok

Wroclaw - ok

Warsaw - wtf

Poznań - wtf

I remember one couple who booked flight to Pyrzowice Airport ( 110km away of Kraków)

Flight operator convinced them that this is Krakow airport ( even name on the voucher was Krakow Pyrzowice airport) and with no checking on the map they have booked hotel in vicinity of the airport just to save some money on airport transfer.

This is like selling ice on north poole

Simply if you are not doing business make 1 day in Warsaw - always work

Regards

Maciek

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 days in poland

Maciej S, jakieś kompleksy??

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 days in poland

I have a lot of to do with tourist industry also, although I don't work for any tourist company. And my experience is way different than yours, definitely. My friends and people who I helped to visit Poland were always very happy to spend 3-4 nights in Warsaw, this city can be really amazing when you walk around the rebuilt Old Town. And it takes half a day for a visit in the Uprising Museums, not to mention other highlights - this is why imho 2 days is a minimum to say "I've seen Warsaw". So maybe instead of discouraging people from going to some places, it's better to ask for their interests and recommend some good place for them? Negative "marketing" is never a good thing for the country - and Warsaw part of Poland also.

Edited: 9:08 am, November 21, 2012
Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 days in poland

I though the idea of Trip Advisor is to exchange private opinion and subiective point of view based on own unique experience.

Must have been wrong - sorry.

Regards

MAciek Socha

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 8 days in poland

My subjective point of view is that Wroclaw is the best place on earth. But that's not a reason to discourage people from going to other interesting regions, cities and towns. I asked why do you think Warsaw is not worth a longer visit and you didn't share your "private opinion and subiective point of view" but just mentioned that some people didn't like it. I know people who don't like Paris or Rome also...

But pardon the offtopic, this is not a proper place for discussions like this one.

Edited: 9:34 am, November 21, 2012
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 8 days in poland

It is true that Warsaw is mainly business destination but to drag out an old thread to tell everyone that Warsaw is 'wtf' you must be really frustrated. Perhaps you should read up on tourist attractions in Warsaw to better serve your clients and not just let them wander aimlessly around the Central Train Station. I'm not surprised they are disappointed.

Edited: 9:42 am, November 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Krakow