We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

area around hotel david

larne
Level Contributor
60 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
area around hotel david

going 2nd week december little unsure if the area is okay at night,ie safety and if it is as busy as the daytime.would be grateful for any help,this is my 1st time in krakow

Day Trip to Auschwitz Birkenau and...
199 reviews
from $85.20*
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum Half-Day...
1,388 reviews
from $47.29*
Special Offer
Krakow Super Saver...
816 reviews
from $85.20*
$91.28
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and...
241 reviews
from $37.49*
Craigavon, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: area around hotel david

Hi we stayed in the David hotel a few years ago and really enjoyed it, we are also staying in the Eden hotel right next door next March, i can reasure you the area is very safe, you are only 1 min walk off a little square that has restaurants, cafes and bars you are also only a few mins walk from Plac Nowy which is another square which is always lively with bars and cafes. The David hotel is also really nice, we had a double room at the back of the hotel which had a balcony overlooking the jewish cemetry which ment my wife was able to smoke on the balcony instead of having to go down and out the front to smoke. If you have any other questions just ask, Im sure you will love Krakow, next March will be our third visit..

G&L

larne
Level Contributor
60 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: area around hotel david

thanks very much for the reply,glad to know its lively enough from someone who knows the hotel and area.we were going to book the eden but got david a bit cheaper.thanks again.

Stenhousemuir...
Level Contributor
593 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: area around hotel david

Hi,

I've stayed in The David and The Eden before and the location is perfect ('ve stayed in apartments on that tiny street too). I usually travel alone and have never felt unsafe in that area. Ulica Ciemna means 'dark street' and it is pretty dark, but atmospheric! Bits of Schindler's List were filmed in the street, you'll see the drain cover that they used to access the sewers.

The David is the closest hotel to my favourite pub too :-) The Krockodyli named after Bruno Schultz' book.

Yes, ask for a room at the back overlooking the cemetery - proper history!

You'll love Krakow. I'm goin back for the 12th time in April (unless I succumb and book another wee trip in between! Love Kazimierz in the winter).

Enjoy!

Jane

larne
Level Contributor
60 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: area around hotel david

thanks janeS75 really looking forward to it now,will try the pub you mentioned.and am really getting a feel for the area,cheers

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: area around hotel david

We always choose Kazimirez, as it's a bit more laid back than old town area, and feels less touristy. It's a quiet area, with narrowish streets and perfectly safe. It's also a great location if you like to visit the many bars in the area.

As Janes75 says, Ulica Krokodyli is a great bar, wether you sit in the small, intimate bar at the front near the square or the rear which has a cobbled floor and street lights to look like a street scene. Also try the dark, atmospheric Singer bar near Plac Nowy. Some good bars along Jozefa too.

If you like chinese/Thai food there is a very good restauarnt close by called Horai.

http://www.horairestaurant.pl/

Edited: 5:28 am, October 19, 2012
larne
Level Contributor
60 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: area around hotel david

thanks whitespirit66 i think thats why we felt kazimirez would suit us better,as you say a little less touristy.we will try and see as much as we can we have 4 nights.xmas market old town and any more we can do in the time allowed,the 2 bars mentioned sound great and will probally find others we like.the thai/chinese will go down a treat,thanks for all the help its always nice to know these things before going somewhere new.

7. Re: area around hotel david

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Krakow