We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years eve 2012

forfar
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
New Years eve 2012

My wife and I are visiting Krakow from 31/12/12 to 03/01/13, does anyone know what entertainment is on, especially New Years Eve.

London, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years eve 2012

every year there are fireworks on the main square(old town)..just google new years eve krakow

Surrey
Level Contributor
976 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years eve 2012

We were there for New Year 2011, and had a great time. They used to have live bands in the main square apparently but because of costs it was a DJ last year. But still a great atmosphere! The locals drink their bottles of bubbles then put them on the ground and set rockets off from them. And it is accepted practice. There were loads of people in the main square, and no trouble whatsoever. Great firework display :-)

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years eve 2012

Hi guys, I will also be visiting Krakow during this period. Will the Christmas markets still be open? I arrive on the 29th. Does anyone know of the best pub crawl to go on?

Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years eve 2012

Christmas markets are usually open to 23rd or 24th of December.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
464 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years eve 2012

I went to Krakow for New Year's Eve last year and the Christmas Markets were still open!!

Most people book places in bars etc. for the evening but luckily we found one close to the main square that still had room for the 4 of us.

I am going again this year and we are looking for something different to do, maybe spend the evening in a restaurant then go to the main square for midnight.

Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years eve 2012

Hi all! just booked my new years eve trip to Krakow. Your comments are all very helpful. Have seen that it seems to be common to prebook bar/restaurants for new year. would you also reccomend this?

Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years eve 2012

Yes, pre-booking restaurant table or seats is very common, especially in the most popular places like the old town or the market square. In restaurants those offers usually include food and non-alcoholic beverages + certain amount of alcoholic beverages, like 0,5L of vodka for two. Of course menu and things included in the price may vary depending on what kind of place you choose. It looks a bit different in pubs, some of them even don't require entrance fee but it all depends on the particular place.

Cardiff, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: New Years eve 2012

Will also be in Krakow over New Year as group of 4. Just booked Restaurant Del Papa for the evening. Reviews look very good & cost compared to some of the set evenings in other restaurants look good.

Also may well be looking for additional bar/revelry after midnight in Rynek area, after restaurant & firework display, any recommendations?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Years eve 2012

Yes i was there also and to pre-book a restaurant is a very good idea then go to the square for the fireworks as the atmosphere there is great. Also the Christmas markets were still open for me also. then maybe head to a club after

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Years eve 2012

Hi, I am also there for New year with 4 friends. Has anyone booked tickets to clubs? If so where's good?