We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a few questions

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
a few questions

can anyone advise on the following please....

1. the price of a pint of beer

2. the price of spirits in a bar (whisky and brandy)

3. what the locals drink (spirits)

thanks

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
14 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a few questions

Hi

Just got back today, you ll love it.

V cheap, except in Hotel.

Pint of Lager £1.25

Litre of Vodka £11.00

Half litre of wine £6.00

Locals seem to drink, lager or coffee!

Maybe, just places, I visited.

Enjoy. Vx

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: a few questions

3. to escape beer/lager - vodka rutine,

may be look for honey mead (miód pitny)

(cannot advice where and how much)

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: a few questions

ooops: rOUtine

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a few questions

Price depends where you drink, on the main square anything between 8 and 11.5 zlts.400 hundred yards in any direction around 6/7. locals as already said drink beer, the older residents favouring vodka, which cost around 7 zlts,, scotch being imported is relatively expensive .between 10/15 zlts. do try the cherry vodka. lovely, and a tatanka, which is bison vodka with applejuice..enjoy

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a few questions

sounds great. wish i could enjoy but not actually me going it's my bro and dad! not smewhere i've really considered before but now i've looked into it i'd really like to go. will keep an eye on the flight prices and try a weekend sometime. have seen a few comments about problems with ATM machines. does everyone recommend taking the cash then?

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: a few questions

i came back on sunday from krakow used a atm once and it was fine , cash is good as well you will get about 4.1 at the kantors

7. Re: a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 11, 2009